Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much a front set of pads for these disks are? I have a 1000 mile old set of pads but I think its worth putting new ones on...are Vauxhall pads fine or anything from a motor factors?

Is it worth renewing anything on the calipers? I notice 2 of the dustcaps are missing off the sliders, and one of the rubber parts is torn, can these be replaced?

Anything else I should know?

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
dust caps are worth it, but not the end of the world.

pads are ten a penny where ever you go, think even my fast road ones were less than 30 quid.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if I got new dustcaps id need the rubber surround that shrouds the bolts, can these be changed?

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
I'm trying std vaux pads next. I reckon they'll be worth it.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Recently bought a set for the Cally Turbo - £24.74 from Vauxhall - I'd expect a similar price or less for 16V ones

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Phil349 said:
can the big round rubber seal be replaced on the calipers? 1 on each caliper.
Yes you can, but you get it in the caliper rapair kit with loads of other things too. I need to have one of these for my ATE calipers on the Nova as one of the calipers seems lazy and takes its time to react with my foot, so its seems seized at times.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
any gen on the caliper repair kit, cant seem to find it on the epc. what other stuff do you get in the kit and how much are they?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Here you go:-

rubber sliders 90510227

Piston repair kit 90297767

Retaining springs 90297772

I'm reading these off the packets so as long as they've given me the right ones :) these are the right numbers, LOL

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
tomstickland said:
I'm trying std vaux pads next. I reckon they'll be worth it.
I'm using ATE pads on my V6 brakes. Are these the same as GM pads seeing as the standard calipers are ATE?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Phil349 said:
whats involved in the piston repair kit? can you remove the piston/take it apart?
The repair kit I've seen is at a local motor factors, £7 a side I think. You can totally disassemble a caliper, the Nova Haynes book shows you how to do it, even thought its not a ATE caliper, the procedure is the same. The kit replaces all those rubber gaiters etc and you clean up the bore as per Haynes. Then of course you need to totally rebleed the braking system. So its quite messy. Might as well fit braied hoses too while your at it :)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
well i have just got a set of GTE 16v brakes and I want to sort them out before they go on the car. they were a bit of a mess when i got them (loads of paint on them, 4 different colour coats! and rusty) so i gave the claipers, etc to a guy to sand blast them. They have come back like new, very shiney, they look excellent. But I dont think the guy masked off the end of the brake hose when he did them so there maybe a chance that sand has got inside the piston so I was hoping they could be taken aprt and cleaned. I will pick up a repair kit from vauxhall then.

I will probably get some braided hoses aswell and fit new hoses and brakes at the same time. know anywhere that has nova hoses at a good price?

·
Registered
391 Posts
i got my hoses from rally design www.raldes.co.uk suppose to be £47 and i got them for less then £30.:) there a bitch to fit but once bled proper they do make a vast difference.

Darren M

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yep, rally design are really good. Their catalogue was in CCC mag last month.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts