Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 1400 16v engine fit an f13 box. Can you use the clutch and pressure plate off a 1600 8v. Want to put in a nova, is there any problems with fitting?

Thanks.

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
IIRC the flywheel & clutch from a Nova GTE (1600) will mate to your crank & that box is then ideal...

It'll possibly even bolt straight on as it is.... The F10 box has a smaller bell housing & thus doesnt accept the bigger clutch & fly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one. Did you have any problems with water hoses etc. Is there a hose kit out there or do you have to mix and match?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I know this is a really old thread but I have a 1400 8v NZ engine, F13 GTE box and 200mm 1600c flat flywheel and clutch but the starter mounting on the block is too close to allow the starter to fit to the ring gear (even bought a later 1600 starter)
Anyone got any ideas as to what I need to make this setup work?
Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi,
I know this is a really old thread but I have a 1400 8v NZ engine, F13 GTE box and 200mm 1600c flat flywheel and clutch but the starter mounting on the block is too close to allow the starter to fit to the ring gear (even bought a later 1600 starter)
Anyone got any ideas as to what I need to make this setup work?
Thanks
if the starter motor is fouling on the flywheel, no room to fit, then it sounds like you might have the wrong flywheel fitted.

the very early 1.4 engines, used a smaller flywheel & clutch i believe, same size as the 1.3 8v

1 - 6 of 6 Posts