Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upset about people these days. I go on the motorway occasionally to see what cars are out and about. Some people will call me a twat but in my eyes it's better than racing around residential areas! Anyway my usual hour or 2 consists of me sitting in the outside lane at about 60 til something interesting comes flying past then I get boot down til I've caught up but then that's it! :( they slow down and let me past.
My main moan is that nobody puts up a decent race anymore :( I've been behind m3's A 350z a few new tt's and a few mercs today alone and these people pay 15-20k plus for these high end cars and they drive them like they are scared of them!
What's the point buying a high end high spec car and not enjoying it?! Yeah time and place and all that but seriously they'd be better off buying turbo diesel 306's instead of m3's! I've recently bought 2 of them keyring cameras to capture my motorway moments so I'll post some vids of the thrashings soon! :) btw the only decent race I had today was with a mk1 mr2 and I left that at 120 In 4th :)

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
I must admit I do like the road out of Chesterfield towards Baslow/Calver and on to Stockport :) Dunno why you bother with motorway mate.

Also careful what vids you post, never know who is watching!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes matey I wont post vids, I've only got a redtop tigra so it's nothing really special! It's the look on peoples face that I love! I've got standard exhaust on it too so it even looks totally standard! Had some decent blasts on m1 but that was when I had a 1.4 sport and so on. Now I've got a fast car I get left alone :( is there any events planned for our area anytime soon?
Cheers, stevo

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
most people dont play on motorways as risky with police and camera etc not what they used to be, i drive on them everyday and rarely see anything other than reps at 90mph ish

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is risky but that's half the fun too! If I had an m3 and some youth was trying to race me I'd want to show him up! But they don't! I've never been on a track day so I can't compare them. Hopefully I'll be at a few this year either in the Saab engined tigra if it's done or my redtop

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
You need a reality check mate.

If I had an M3 I wouldn't be getting in a 'performance test' with a Tigra. I've got nothing to prove, I know my car is better.

Also 140mph + racing on the public road, get caught and you're looking at a jail sentence.
So jail + loss of job + driving ban just to prove a point against a Tigra driver (or any otherdriver) err no thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
sitting in the outside lane at about 60 til something interesting comes flying past
maybe if you were on the inside lane at 60,it would be a little safer as they would have to undertake to get past

·
Administrator
12,106 Posts
Thread closed. Mig doesnt condone or want threads about speeding, breaking the law or dangerous driving posted here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.