Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my temp guage working a couple of weeks ago but replacing the whole fuel/temp part.

uptil now the weather has been mild and the car was running about 90-95 which i believe this to be normal but today the weather was quite hot down here and the needle was reaching 100 degree's yet my fan still doesnt kick in.

i have replaced the CTS and the fan switched i havent as yet changed the thermostat would this cause the fan to not operate, i know the fan does work as this was tested by connecting the two wires and no mistake can be made whether its not working or not as it sounds like its strong enough to blow the radiator out the car

·
Registered
116 Posts
I havent as yet changed the thermostat would this cause the fan to not operate,

the thermostat only makes the water reach right temp,

nothing to do with the fan,

as you have connected the 2 wires together, looks like faulty
sender unit for the fan,

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
It'll have to go a little higher than 100 for the fan to come in. This temp will be on the rad fan switch.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tbh didnt check it, just seemed to be hitting 100 which isnt far off the red at 110.

i guess i should flush the coolant as i have no idea what the mixture is, so the thermo has nothing to do with the radiators fan function?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
If the thermostat is not opening when it should there will be restricted or no flow around the rad and the thermo sender (in the rad) to switch the fan on will not see the full temp. The hundred degrees you are seeing on the gauge is the coolant temp around the engine. So yes the thermostat could be goosed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts