Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 1.9 JTD 8v 130 MJet, Its totally standard and I would like to tune it a bit, nothing mental at the moment but anything to get me close to 180bhp would be good.
Im pretty handy on the tools but know very little when it comes to the chipping/mapping side of things.
Ive rebuilt quite a few various pre-2000 performance and race builds over the past 30yrs but all petrol so far
So any good or bad info on tuning tips would be great thanks.
I don't really have a budget in mind at the moment but im a big fan of starting from a good internals base so if I want to in the future I can upgrade further.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i did a rebuild on one of those engines, last year, that had been previously mapped, for more power.
it had a bent rod, and a blown turbo. it was running +70 horse, if i remember right, but thats just what i was told. it didnt feel like it, to drive, so im not sure, if the owner knew exactly.
i dont know what kind of power is safe for them.
we think it may have hydrolocked on that one cylinder, but not sure.
i think it was done on the cheap, just winding up the boost, and the engine didnt like it.

the injectors gave us no end of problems.
if your replacing any of them, or all of them, be careful, as they have to be programmed in. without programming, the car will smoke and run poorly otherwise.

when your taking things apart, keep the injectors in order, and keep them, and all the fuel pipes/hoses, as clean as poss.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the heads up with the injectors nova16sv.
Ive seen on the alfa forums some of the lads there are running 200hp with standard internals but I would always rather air on the side of caution to be honest.
Ive heard a few tales of them hydrolocking and popping a rod!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts