Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing the engine in one of my astra mk3 1.7 vans, it has an early 1.7 diesel engine and box, which I am replacing for a 1995 1.7 turbo diesel model.

My question is;

Can I use either the clutch/flywheel from the earlier non turbo model on the 1.7td F15?
Or will this engine fit onto the earlier type box with the earlier clutch fitted?

The reason being is the clutch is shot on my new 1.7 td
oh and sorry no gearbox number for the old one, can't see this anywhere on it.

PS is it true these cluches on the F15 can be dropped out the bottom by removing the first motion shaft, thus not needing to split the box/engine?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yes you can use the non turbo box/clutch,(i did it the other way)
you should be able to pull the input shaft out and do the cutch on the f15

·
Registered
260 Posts
rod) you should be able to pull the input shaft out and do the cutch on the f15[/QUOTE said:
Depends on which flywheels the engines have i think. Some had a recessed one and others (like mine) had a flat flywheel. If it has the recessed one you won't be able to get the clutch out of the bottom hatch. I'm talking isuzu lump here so appoligies if it's irellevant. :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the non turbo diesel gearbox with it clutch should fit the turbo diesel engine, mabey with having to change the flywheel too?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have a picture of this bottom hatch?

The only one I could see is back by the driveshafts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Trev.P said:
The Gearbox fitted, I changed the clutch and flywheel from the non-turbo
well done :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The clutch plate was exactly the same, but the flywheel and assembly was completely different, might not of needed to change it, but I did anyway as I knew it would marry up with the old box etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts