Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to try transplanting a 1.6 16v into my nova, is this really as easy as it seems? iv taken the instructions from valvers.com and declan burkes from region 4, but it all seems just too easy????
will i be ok using standard 1.2 engine mounts, or should i replace them? also does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram to make sure i do it properly?? im not saying im thick but when i did my digi dash i needed a piece of paper in front of me saying "Green wire goes to green wire, black wire goes to black wire", beginner u see!!!lmao

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Best I can see is "yes". I'm doing the same conversion after this years show season, with the engine stripped and polished like the 8v GTE unit I have now.

'Cos the 1.6 16v unit is small block as well it'll just drop in. will have a few wires to splice in for the later Motronic but nothing drastic. The GTE shafts will drop into the later G/box as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.