Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Right, the 1.4 spi engine in me Astra is fooked, I wanna replace it with the mpi of same capacity. Before anyone says "put a 20xe into it", I don't want a bigger engine cos of insurance and lack of chassis upgrades, and I want the replacement lump to be very affordable. However I thought if I'm gonna put another 1.4 in it might as well be an mpi.

So the question is: bar the engine itself, what else do I need? CPU? Will the fuel pump be good enough?

CHEERSSS!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Mr.Happy said:
Hi all,
Right, the 1.4 spi engine in me Astra is fooked, I wanna replace it with the mpi of same capacity. Before anyone says "put a 20xe into it", I don't want a bigger engine cos of insurance and lack of chassis upgrades, and I want the replacement lump to be very affordable. However I thought if I'm gonna put another 1.4 in it might as well be an mpi.

So the question is: bar the engine itself, what else do I need? CPU? Will the fuel pump be good enough?

CHEERSSS!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Yeah ECU or CPU, fuel pump, and the loom as it has a few extra sensors I think

I think you should at least consider the 1.4 16v at least there is more tuning potential here

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Mr.Happy said:
16v is tempting but I think I'll be able to find an 8v mpi a lot easier, cheaper too. I'll keep an eye out though.

Cheaper but older save up for a 16v just keep your eyes open a few weeks ago a brand new 1.6 16v went for £450 on ebay so take your time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.