Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if u could get a 1.6 16v corsa sport in a non air-con model (eg-N reg) im absolutly postive u cant, but my mate is insisting u can..

plus my standard 1.4 16v (N reg) sport is keepin up wiv 1.6 16v sport's (S reg)... wana know why!!! thanx for the help

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ive seen an N reg GSi so I guess it was still A GSi for 1.6's at that time

as for keeping up its not a huge diiferenece bettween the two

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, but Im almost certain the 1.6 16v sports replaced the gsi (gsi were stopped makin at N reg, and they startin makin the 1.6 sports at S reg) mines 88bhp and the 1.6's are 104bhp!!

thats 16bhp more, thats gotta makea difference, surley!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive done a 0-60mph in mine, did it in 8.7 (this was a rough est. my bro was timin next to me in the car)
but im sayin i raced this 1.6, and it was neck and neck all the way!

·
Registered
298 Posts
erm if you did it in 8.7 thats faster than a lot of 1.8's aswell as some 2.0's...
e.g. Focus 2.0 Zetec 0 - 60 in 9.1
im pretty sure the 1.6 16v does it in about 9-9.5 secs, u sure their car just didnt have an extra person or somin? that could of made the difference...main advantage of the corsa is its so light, being why it can beat most other 1.4's
I know for a fact my 1.4 16v corsa does 0-60 in about 10.5

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
well, you definitely can get an n reg corsa 1600 sport without aircon, my mate has one

btw, a corsa is not light! ;)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Performance of a car all depends on the driver aswell as various other factors,how many people in the car,has it got a feww hundred KG's of ICE in the boot,how much petrol in the tank? a full tank of juice is damn heavy.
When the manufacturers test for 0-60 etc,they have tested several cars to destruction to get decent times,with not much fuel in and just the driver.
And as R17 says,a corsa is a damn heavy car for the size of them.
Dave

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
my mate has a 1.4 sport and he got around 10 seconds 0-60, but the strange thing is i had a go in my astra and first time i got 7.42sec then i didnt belive that was right so i went again and got 7.62sec, again i didnt belive a 1.6 could get somthin like that so i went again but doing 0-70 and i got 9sec.My clocks are not out if they are only by 2-3mph whats going on with that then i know im at 60mph at the end of second gear and i do get to the end of 2nd gear alot quicker than my mates 1.4 corsa.

·
Registered
667 Posts
my corsa does it in 10,n done da 1/4 in 18 flat on monday,n thats a 1.4,16v sport,so i doubt 8.7 unless u got some serouis mods done,2 ya corsa,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what im trien 2 say! i did the 0-60 test about 4 times, all under 9sec, its a completly standard 1.4 16v sport, bar a filter and a jap rear can. the non air-con model sports are quite abit faster than the air-con model sports!

If uve noitced cars are always faster than they say in the book - top speed, 0-60mph etc etc.

its 1sec faster to 60mph than my bro's 1.4 8v Sri corsa.

·
Registered
151 Posts
All the cars my mates have had have been different speeds to what it says in the book, i bet nova GTE's arnt meant to go 130mph but the engine i have does evan in an astra. THIS POST IS FROM NOVASTE LOGGED IN AS A WORK COLLEGE.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think GTE's have a top speed of 112mph in the book.... thats wat im sayin, they always have a better top speed when u do it urself! I had a 1.2 punto that did '92mph' flatout, had 120mph out of it. My sport is no way 10.5sec to 60mph, I got 8.7sec. I maybe wrong, but thats wat I got.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
yeah, just meant for the size of car

as for all these weird 60 times and top speeds, speedo error i reckon, doubt you'd get 60 in second tbh, especially on stock rev limiter

·
Registered
329 Posts
1.4 16v sports do 60 in 10.5 you might get it down to 10 secs or so depending on driver. 1.6's are around te 9 sec mark to 60 so some the posted above times your making me lmao

My old 1.4 16v had head work cams etc and that wernt quick at all got my 2ltr and its far superior. If a 2ltr corsa is doing 0-60 in roughly 6.5-7.5 secs how the hell are you sport boys doing it? lmao

As for the original post yes you can get a 1.6 sport model in a non air con model the early ones from 1993 where GSi's till 95 then from 96 onwards they were sports and they were the pre 97 lot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fadscorsa said:
1.4 16v sports do 60 in 10.5 you might get it down to 10 secs or so depending on driver. 1.6's are around te 9 sec mark to 60 so some the posted above times your making me lmao

My old 1.4 16v had head work cams etc and that wernt quick at all got my 2ltr and its far superior. If a 2ltr corsa is doing 0-60 in roughly 6.5-7.5 secs how the hell are you sport boys doing it? lmao

As for the original post yes you can get a 1.6 sport model in a non air con model the early ones from 1993 where GSi's till 95 then from 96 onwards they were sports and they were the pre 97 lot.
Have a look in the book to see wat ur car does, or a mates and then time it urself, I bet its alot of difference. I can keep up wiv my mate in his SRi with a load done to it, and that SRi can beat gsi's. So my 1.4 must be runnin sweet as a nut.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
sport16vowner said:
Have a look in the book to see wat ur car does, or a mates and then time it urself, I bet its alot of difference. I can keep up wiv my mate in his SRi with a load done to it, and that SRi can beat gsi's. So my 1.4 must be runnin sweet as a nut.
got to be the most innacurate way of getting a 0- 60 time, i mean are you just counting in your head till you hit sixty? lmao

1 - 20 of 56 Posts