Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2008 zafira 1.6 petrol, I had to replace the battery due to an unrelated fault yesterday, (fuel gauge was fine) however, today, I popped out in the car, and the fuel gauge is registering empty, with the fuel light flashing (but it's got roughly a quarter of a tank).

Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm assuming that since the fuel light is on, it's not a gauge fuse, could it be the fuse for the sender unit ? (if so where do I find that?) or could it be that the sender unit has given up the ghost ?

I'm familiar with mechanics, but not with the specifics of this vehicle, I'm hoping to fix this issue myself due to a lack of funds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
The sender units are normally fed from the dash which has its own fuse. If the car is fully CANBUS it may be different and need more diagnostics.

Maybe double check the fuses anyway as the older Cav / Calibras used to lose parts of the dash when the *** lighter fuse blew. I don't have a Hanyes manual to hand otherwise I'd give you more pointer of where to look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it's fully CANBUS, but it does have a CANBUS unit connected to the rear light clusters, seems that it just controls the rear lights, though.

I will have a look and check all the fuses in the fusebox, not too fiddly to do, just time consuming.

I'm hoping it's a simple fix, but knowing my luck, it's gonna be the sender, and as far as I'm aware, you have to drop the fuel tank to access it, which I won't be able to do at home.

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
Glad you got it sorted -always a relief when it is a cheap easy fix :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
j have the same issue with my cig lighter and fuel. Please could you let me know which fuse is needed to be changed? :)
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

this post is 6 years old bud, i doubt youll get a reply, but here is the location, fuse 29, 15 amp.

if you have a basic test light, you can check them all for power on both posts of the fuse, otherwise you can do it old skool, and just pull them out one by one, to check see if any are popped. start with that one, you might get lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts