Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently written off my 2 litre corsa, and have a temporary replacment a Vectra GSI. Apparantly this has a 0-60 time of 7.4 seconds. I took my corsa out for a little spin the other day and my Vectra feels so slow compared to the Corsa. Just wondering what the 0-60 on a Chipped C20XE in a Corsa would be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats bout what I expected. I see you have a 2 ltr corsa too! I'm hoping to put mine back on the road if the insurers let me buy it back. What about the 0-60 on a Corsa C20LET? 5-6 seconds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
flopstocks said:
Thats bout what I expected. I see you have a 2 ltr corsa too! I'm hoping to put mine back on the road if the insurers let me buy it back. What about the 0-60 on a Corsa C20LET? 5-6 seconds?

6.3 - 7.5 seconds, depending on wheel size, car weight, driver etc....

A LET corsa isn't much faster to 60mph due to traction issues. Get into 3rd on the LET thoguh and its bye bye NA corsa........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it's a bit gutting. I want a fast Vauxhall but there aint many out there which would match my Corsa :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,549 Posts
Nope there aint. I really miss my nova :( but i dont miss the winter mornings of having ice inside my windscreen lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
flopstocks said:
Yea it's a bit gutting. I want a fast Vauxhall but there aint many out there which would match my Corsa :(
Anything with a C20LET........ lmao
V6 will pip an XE corsa once the speeds rise as well. No replacement for displacement...
Also, most cars with a Z20LET as well lmao

XE corsas are nippy, there not fast, just nippy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,549 Posts
Cupatea said:
V6 will pip an XE corsa once the speeds rise as well. No replacement for displacement...
.
Thats true they are great once they get going, but i think he wants 0-60 power
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes mate, 0-60 is what i'm looking for. How many vauxhalls had the C20LET only Cav's and Calibra. You don't see many down in Cornwall. My dads Nova is something special though! About 240 BHP at the wheels and it's mid mounted on 10 in slicks!

 

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
Joined
·
40,980 Posts
Stock XE Corsa is about the same 0-60mph as a Calibra Turbo in the dry, but is slower in the wet.

About the same down the quarter mile (roughly 14.4)

Slower top speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats my point, Calibra 4x4 is one of vauxhalls fastest cars and aint much quicker than the Corsa (0-60 time I mean!)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
315 Posts
flopstocks said:
Thats bout what I expected. I see you have a 2 ltr corsa too! I'm hoping to put mine back on the road if the insurers let me buy it back. What about the 0-60 on a Corsa C20LET? 5-6 seconds?
yep should be between those times, my astra turbo achieved 5.69 on evo2 chip.:nod:
 

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
Joined
·
40,980 Posts
flopstocks said:
Thats my point, Calibra 4x4 is one of vauxhalls fastest cars and aint much quicker than the Corsa (0-60 time I mean!)
But in the wet it will launch at almost the same speed, whereas a Corsa physically can't. Same goes for handling. Plus with the Cally you get all the gadgets and comforts, the looks, safety etc... and you don't have to seam weld the bays either ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
Chavtastic said:
But in the wet it will launch at almost the same speed, whereas a Corsa physically can't. Same goes for handling. Plus with the Cally you get all the gadgets and comforts, the looks, safety etc... and you don't have to seam weld the bays either ;)
You don't need to seem weld the corsas either as the car is stronger than a nova....


I can get the power down in the wet easily enough. Its called throttle control......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
cupatea, yeh but dont get all the comforts of having a calibra, u know heated leather seats, traction control, all the other little things, also safety as chav said.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top