Vauxhall Insignia - a New Name for a New Era
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vauxhall Insignia - a New Name for a New Era

Astra SRi 1.9 CDTI XP 3DR

Post Vauxhall Insignia - a New Name for a New Era

It’s a new name for a bold new model, as Vauxhall announces plans to launch its next mid-size contender at the British International Motor Show in London in July 2008. Insignia marks the dawn of a fresh era for the Griffin-badged marque.

With its dynamic design and class leading technology, the new Insignia will shift the perception of the Vauxhall marque to a more aspirational level. It adds both dynamic zest and visual desire to Insignia’s core market, while also displaying the same kind of upmarket feel as some of its more expensive rivals.

“Dynamic performance is one of the Vauxhall brand’s core values. In the new Insignia, this defining characteristic is realised by sophisticated powertrain technology, active safety and the interface between driver and car. The Insignia’s level of comfort and environmental friendliness is unrivalled even among considerably more expensive competitors,” says Alain Visser, Chief Marketing Officer, General Motors Europe. With the Insignia, Vauxhall continues pursuing its strategy of making advanced technology affordable for more customers.

When it comes to the new car’s design, Visser says, “A closer look at our groundbreaking GTC concept car gives a good idea of how exciting Vauxhall’s new design language will be.”
    Insignia is the most innovative, ambitious model ever to come from Vauxhall, combining the best environmental technologies with those designed to deliver optimum driver pleasure and active safety. It is the latest evolution in GM's quest to lead the market, not just in volume but in quality, style and overall appeal.

Vauxhall’s mid-size heritage dates back to 1957, with the launch of the Victor. In total, over a million Victors were sold over five generations. It was succeeded by the Cavalier in 1975, which recorded over 1.8 million sales in three generations until 1995. Two generations of Vectra were then produced, and over a million models have been sold in the UK to date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vauxhall Insignia - a New Name for a New Era-54236vau-jpg
    Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

2. Remove Advertisements

MIGWeb User

Thumbs up

Excellent Mike

Insignia will be the leader of the new VAUXHALL /OPEL models that will follow the new decade
    new electronic systems new improved canbus second generation

the same thing happened years ago with his ancestor CAVALIER /VECTRA A

MIGWeb User
    E34 M51 Turbo
    I'm impressed that Vx/Opel have finally hit upon a name bland enough to compete with 'Mondeo' in the low-end fleet market.

MIGWeb User
    So this will replace the Vectra?

I would hate vauxhall to end up in the position of say, Toyota with the "Aygo, Yaris, Auris and Corolla" where two cars would do fine. The aygo is taking the supermini to a new level worthy of the FIAT 500, and I haven't quite worked out what the Auris is for yet.

I love the simplicity of the current vauxhall fleet, the agila, corsa, astra, vectra (then the models based on them; Meriva, Zafira) and then the performance cars; VX220 and VXR.

Current fleet is fantastic

EDIT :: I agree completely with the name choice, Lethal.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)