Positive Pre-Season VX Racing Test
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Positive Pre-Season VX Racing Test

Astra SRi 1.9 CDTI XP 3DR

Thumbs up Positive Pre-Season VX Racing Test

VX Racing has completed a three-day test programme in preparation for the 2007 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

Drivers, Tom Chilton and Fabrizio Giovanardi, completed more than 200 laps at Valencia, Spain, in their work to eliminate any teething problems with the brand new Vectra Hatchback race car.

“Without the other competitors it is hard to tell the pace of the car, but using my experience, I think the car will perform really well,” said two-times European Touring Car Champion, Giovanardi. “I can’t wait for the first race.

“Of course I believe we can win; it’s why we spend money! Everybody thinks they are going to win! But, realistically, I definitely think we have the potential to fight for the championship.

“Last year, when I started to drive the Astra, I had lots of difficulties but with this, it was quite easy to find the right set-up. I have really long experience with the WTCC car. I know quite fast if the car is good or not.”
    Chilton was pleasantly surprised by the Vectra’s immediate good form. “It is a very progressive car and nothing snapped,” said the 21-year-old. “The car did consistent lap times and is very reliable. Most of all, it’s easy to drive and I really enjoy getting behind the wheel.

“It is still early days and we have another two weeks of testing ahead of us, which will be very crucial, but it’s looking good.”

The BTCC season gets underway on April 1 with the first round at Brands Hatch, Kent.
    Last edited by MikeWarner; 23-02-2007 at 20:18.
    Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

+ Reply to Thread