Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

DTA ecu (loom)

523 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  alex new 
#1 ·
When you buy a Dta ecu to run throttle bodies on a c20xe engine you must change and the standard wiring(loom) of the car or you can use the Dta ecu with the standard loom?

#2 ·
the DTA will come with its own multipin ECU plug, youll have to make your own loom, theres absolutley no reason why you cant customise the standard loom to do this.

you just need to know what wire does what on teh standard loom, then hook it up to the correct pin on the DTA plug, remove unused wires, plumb in the fuel pump relay.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks 0ddball.I think that is a easy job if you know what is the each wire.
I want to put a throttle body kit, propably tapered from jenvey.
I don't want to change engine parts, like camshafts etc etc.
only the induction with the tb's.
I hope for about 185 bhp.
Because I will make a custom exhaust, what is the best diameter for the exhaust for this performance (180-190 bhp)?
May I need to change only the rod bolts (inside the engine) to can engine running more than 7k without a danger to broke something?

#5 ·
Thanks again. I don't want more from that because I don't want to change the internals of the engine. There and very expensive and I don't trust very much the mechanics here in Greece in that modifications. So I think a 2,25 exhaust is the best for my car. At the end of the month I wil go to buy the exhaust.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.