Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

engine help asap please :(

574 views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  lee303 
#1 · (Edited)
hi peeps put another head gasket on 1.2carb nova cos last was leaking, the probs are-

the engine dont allways start the battery is fine, leads and ignition n that
part for no.2 lead seems 2 give u a jump from a spark through insilation.

when it does go now and its just idleing it runs like ur foot is accelerating and that like ur pressing down the pedal but ur not lol.

and no.3 when u put foot down the enigne coughts and that about and cuts out most the time but not all

thats it thanks people could b sumin strait 4wood but im so tierd and done my back in abit doin it and not with it lol excuses i know
but help would b great thanks again
Andy

#7 ·
did u say u changed the leads, have u checked timing, got the right firing order, that thing with overrevving happened to me, when i was tatting in the engine i moved the choke cable out of the way by folding it behind something, i forgot to put it back in place when i moved it the engine ran fine, please let me know how u get on

#8 ·
cheers 4 ur replys mate, yer i just dunno what it could b im so ****ed off right now at it i checked every thing i just dont know whats wrong knowing me it sumin stooped i missed but i gone thorugh most of the thigns and re gone through them but still doin the same :(

#15 ·
it would make the engine run out of balance, so yeah, maybe, i'f you have spares, i'd swap the whole igniton system over,also, have you ruled out anything mechanical, i.e done a compression test?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.