Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Engine Problems

700 views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Ghost_Walker 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a '93 xe Astra GSi thats not very well and I'm stuck to what it could be.

Basically I can start the car and it will idle no problems at but as soon as I press the gas pedal the car won't rev, it coughs, splutters and pops from the engine, if I press it lightly sometimes I can get it to rev but then it pops and dies back to idle again, if I leave the car to idle for 5 minutes so its a little warmer it seems okay :confused:

There is no ecu light, I have changed plugs, leads, no sign of any airleaks.

Any ideas I can try before I pull my hair out :(

Thanks in advance
Garrie

#8 ·
all wiring checked and seems fine, all connectors sprayed with wd40 lmao

when I changed the plugs, the old plugs were a little wet with petrol, don't know if that helps any?

Crank sensor, would the car still run if it was faulty? Also need to buy a new TPS. Would the coil pack cause these sort of problems|

Cheers :beer: :beer: :beer:

#11 ·
last thing i did to engine - nothing, just started happening one morning.

Yeah the car starts and idle's perfectly in the morning, or indeed anytime, it's just when i stab the throttle open, it dies, cough's splutters and pops.
However if i lightly press the throttle, it'll go all the way to red line without hessitating, misfiring, coughing, spluttering and popping.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.