Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Been Refurbing Wheels

5K views 122 replies 31 participants last post by  sultanhq 
#1 ·
Hey people, thought I'd share my effort with you lot ;) :D

This is similar to what the alloy looked like before

After repairing the kurbing, it was primed ;)

Now fully painted and lacquer'd

Only 4 more to go ;) and didn't cost me £40 a wheel lmao lmao

See less See more
#52 ·
You can buy Acrylic 2 Pack paint in cans too... but you'll need quite a few lmao ;) But you wont be able to buy it in halfords, though halfords do a very shiny silver paint... I don't know how it would last.........

If you need anymore advise, don't hassitate to ask :)

P.S. Cheers Si

G
#58 ·
nnnnniiiiccceeeee!

i TRYD TO DO A SPOT OF WAT UR DOIN M8, DIDNT GO AS WELL THOU! I USED HALFORD GEAR:( HALFORDS PRIMER JUS NORMAL PRIMER AND HALFORDS ALUMINIUM SPRAY! BBBIIIIIGGGG MISTAKE, CAN U TELL ME THE PRODUCTS U USED AND HOW MUCH DIS COST!
CHEERS M8, GR8 JOB!

#60 ·
Re: nnnnniiiiccceeeee!

dp Motorsport said:
i TRYD TO DO A SPOT OF WAT UR DOIN M8, DIDNT GO AS WELL THOU! I USED HALFORD GEAR:( HALFORDS PRIMER JUS NORMAL PRIMER AND HALFORDS ALUMINIUM SPRAY! BBBIIIIIGGGG MISTAKE, CAN U TELL ME THE PRODUCTS U USED AND HOW MUCH DIS COST!
CHEERS M8, GR8 JOB!

It's all said in the thread... but.........seeing as i'm nice !

Chemical Metal (halfords)
Etch Primer 2pack Acrylic (Plus 2pack thinners and hardener)
Base Coat Paint 2pack Acrylic (plus 2pack thinners)
Lacquer Coat 2pack Acyrlic (plus 2pack thinners and hardener)

Cause I used my compressor.. but you can buy them in spray cans too from the paint shop...

Total cost about £50 roughly... can't be arsed to work it out properly, cos I already had the lacquer etc and I use the thinners on other things I'm painting to... so it gets a bit muddled price wise....

#62 ·
Re: cheers!

dp Motorsport said:
chaars ben, nice job m8! i think uv got sum jobs comin ur way:p

o yer! who ever dis feckin Gaz is takin da piss! (dump pile motorsport!) wen was ur company on top gear and 5th gear m8??
You own a company and really talk like that? WTF

Did you walk into a bank and say

"ere dis, dis be me bizniss plan aight, its wikkid init"

#68 ·
o yer! who ever dis feckin Gaz is takin da piss! (dump pile motorsport!) wen was ur company on top gear and 5th gear m8??
Well last time i checked i didnt own a company, and have not to my knowledge had any part in top gear or 5th gear. One thing i'd like to point out is why the hell does the owner? (i guess) of a company called 'dp motorsport' drives a 1.2i nova merit..

Or maybe you sell those performance enhancing sunstrips and stick on fuel caps?

On the subject of the wheels, i've seen the finished set today as Ben is down in Reading doing the welding on my car. Absoloutley top notch :) May get a pic of them on the car tomorrow to put them up on here.

#72 ·
Alloy Refurb.........

:) Hmmmmmmmm repaired curb scuffs. Used HALFORDS Professional Alloy Wheel Repair Kit £25...... Waste of coin really.
But its done the job.... Filler is SuperGlue with an Activator Spray..
See how it looks when its finished later today... :rolleyes:

#73 ·
Alloy Refurb.........

:) Hmmmmmmmm repaired curb scuffs. Used HALFORDS Professional Alloy Wheel Repair Kit £25...... Waste of coin really.
But its done the job.... Filler is SuperGlue with an Activator Spray..
See how it looks when its finished later today... :rolleyes:

#76 ·
Ozzi: were u alloys chromed effect prior to re-furb :confused: looks chromey in pic :)

also...did u have to snad the whole alloy down after putting the filler in the curbed bits...and what sand paper gramme did u use? :confused: wt n dry or normal sanpaper too?

cheers adam

p.s. is the last pic u up-loaded here of the alloy primed in grey? or is that silver finish?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.