Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Retrims...

578 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  AndyNiall 
#1 ·
Hello m8ys!

can n e 1 give me some web address's or contact info on places that do leather retrims n stuff like that?

Has ne 1 had there seats done? got n e pics? cost?

cheers

Russell

#5 ·
Pics would b good m8, but if hes gonna b cheaper then other places them am interested n e way! :)

Mines a calibra black leather interior, i was thinkin of retriming in half black leather to keep costs down and the other half has 2 be in a red material for the centre of the seats

cheers m8 :)

#10 ·
How do they do the retrim?

I guess it involves dismantling the seat, does the front seat backs pull over the tops and then it's just a matter of stitching the bottoms and the bottoms pull over and held in place.

Sorry for the complex question. I'm thinking maybe you mate can do DIY kits if it's easy enough.

#11 ·
Making it sound much more simple than what it really is the old cover is taken off, if this is not needed anymore all the stitching is cut out the panels are then used as templates to cut the leather they are then stiched together and u have your seat cover simple!!!!

If you know what your doin!!

#13 ·
But if he's done a recaro seat from a vauxhall already then he could have a set of templates to cut from. Cut the material and stitch but leave the bottom open so the new cover replaces the old one. Then just sew the opening up when finished? Or do they sew other places as well during fitting?

I meant you'd have to split the back of the seat from the base (ie the bit your but rest on).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.