Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Help With Boot Build

557 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  adamSRi 
#1 ·
have just sound deadend my boot, worked a treat, no more vibrations.

what is the best way to make a floor, i tried mdf but its quite **** as 2 get it in i needed to cut it in half and i saggs, i want a flat floor, then i want to mount my sub and amp somewhere but dont know how to,

please help, astra mark3 boots are ****!

look at my site (in my sig) and tell me what you think also

#2 ·
Tell me about it mate, boot floor on a Mk3 is pants. Last time i did an install it was just by trial and error. MDF width of boot split into two down the middle, then numerous blocks underneath to get it level. It ended up looking ok and the split down the middle was hardly noticeable. Why not build the floor up on blocks and just sink the amp beneath the floor? By the time you've got the floor level there should be plenty of room to sink the amp.

When i start my new install at the weekend im considering mounting the amp vertically on one side (still sunk into mdf) in the hope that it may be a bit easier.

#6 ·
st200 rich, how did you overcome the problem of the uneven boot floor? Did you just bolt the mdf down at whatever angle it sat at or did u use blocks to raise certain sections?

Im just intreaged as im sure there's an easier way than what i did cos it took me about 20 hrs in total. It was my 1st ever install mind.

#9 ·
Can any 1 tell me if i will have the same problem of sagging with the mk4 astra or is it just with the mk3, coz im getting my boot sorted out with a sub and amp on monday and want to know if i will have any problems after they r put in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.