Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Shocker Choice

302 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  andyfeeny 
#1 ·
My car currently has a Gmax set up on it but after reading through loads of stuff on here I gather that they are not particulalry highly rated.

My problem is that, while I love the way the car handles at present, my girlfriend who also drives the car, hates it. It is very harsh.

Would swapping to a different set up really make that much difference?

At the moment car is 40mm at the front, 60 at the back on 17's with 205 45 17's. Car is a 94 Astra gsi! Cheers for any help...

#3 ·
If you went for some adjustable shocks like Koni or Spax you could change the settings to something that suits both of you.

The harshness will also be down to your choice of wheels and tyres. A smaller wheel with bigger tyre would give a more comfortable ride, especially over bumps.

#4 ·
The harshness will also be down to your choice of wheels and tyres. A smaller wheel with bigger tyre would give a more comfortable ride, especially over bumps.
:nod:

Go for the smallest wheel you can that will fit over your brakes. I have 14s on my Cavalier, almost touching the calliper (can't get your fingers between the calliper and the wheel), and 85 profile tyres.

It's like driving a double bed, I love it. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.