Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

respray

1K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  AstraBen 
#1 ·
Im about to book the nova in for a respray (needs it) The only thing i can think to do is white again but dark metalic grey just over the door handle (complete top of car) bit like the haynes manual Nova, What do u all think ? Side skirts are going to be blended in and handles/locks removed etc all bumpers are staying on and same wheels but bonnet will be finshed off also
My mate has a mint white Mk2 astra GTE that had a respray in white with a pearl over the top but without the sun the car looks yellow and dirty, just want sumit different Pic is of my car before it came off the road

See less See more
#2 ·
Do yourself a favour and burn that front bumper!!! seriously it is shocking, u is mad boy. Chuck that spoiler on the nova bonfire too if you can!

forget blending the skirts in sort that out!

I can't believe people put things like that on their cars, mind boggles!!

Did you want honesty?

if not umm ...yeh clart it looks proper safe!!

i'm sure the local chav monkeys love it!!

2.0 turbo? what engine is in it, shame if u sorted them things out would make it a million times better!

#3 ·
BigbaRd said:
Do yourself a favour and burn that front bumper!!! seriously it is shocking, u is mad boy. Chuck that spoiler on the nova bonfire too if you can!

forget blending the skirts in sort that out!

I can't believe people put things like that on their cars, mind boggles!!

Did you want honesty?

if not umm ...yeh clart it looks proper safe!!

i'm sure the local chav monkeys love it!!

2.0 turbo? what engine is in it, shame if u sorted them things out would make it a million times better!
Imao
I am not really a fan of two tone cars, but if the colours are chosen well then it can look good.
I would lose the front bumper and spoiler and swap em for a gsi bumper and spoiler. :beer: And then maybe a splitter.
And lose the wing ariel.
But if like it like that then the two tone will probably look good.

#4 ·
u seen that 2 tone astra on here? dunno what the thread was called but it was blue and white and the 2 tone looked really nice on that! might suit the nova something something the same (dunno if he'd be too impressed if it was copied exactly the same).

#7 ·
LEAVE THE BOY ALONE,YOU SMALL-MINDED PEOPLE...

The kit has has a lot of potential, you only have to "alter " it a bit...to stand out.

It's like the time everybody laughed when I told 'em I was gonna fit a whaletail wing to my mkII...they didn't laugh anymore after they saw I made it remote adjustable,and covered the til's end with carbon!
Show 'em, dude!They are so wrong.... lmao lmao

#8 ·
Hahaha, oversized bits of plastic tat stuck to cars, i love it.

The rationale behind trying to create a unique car from mass produced kits has always confused me. Especially, as you point out, youre looking for something 'different' :rolleyes:

Credibility rating: 0
Chav rating: 94% (two tone paint would give you a full 100% score)

For sale: Burberry seats, fit Nova, will swap for yellow teeth and white trainers

#9 ·
It's all about personal opinions. If thats what people ask for then fair enough. Must also consider the fact that if every car looked the same this whole site would be alot less interesting!
Personally agree with the majority about the front bumper, but take 'turbogsi' advice, do something a little different and proove us all wrong!

How does that Groove Armarda song go?
"If every car looked the same we'd get tired of looking at the mota" Sorry rubbish I know lmao

#10 ·
y do ppl on here always do that?????? he wasnt askin 4 opinions on the kit on his car was he? I personally dont like the front bumper either but i respect other ppl's choices enuff not 2 slag there choices

U talk bout individuality but i ask u somat r there more Kingdom bumpers or more standard Gsi bumpers fitted 2 nova's???

And i can't fault the work he's put in2 the car looks well tidy

D8MOF do ur self a favour dont listen 2 the ppl with the 'IT MUST LOOK THIS WAY ATTITUDE'

cos i know quite a few ppl who have left this site due 2 ppl airing there views like this

#13 ·
Thanks for all above comments :cool: Knew sum people wouldnt like the kit and sum people would but thats allways been the same where ever i go ! When i bought the front bumper it was only the 70 ith or sumit like that to ever be made, had it fitted over 2 years now so was gonna change it but at the moment there is nothing else i like the look of ! Its my car so i mod it how i like (cant say fairer than thet :rolleyes: ) Any more ideas about paint tho as ive only seen it dun a couple of times :confused: :confused: Cheers

#14 ·
D8MOF said:
Thanks for all above comments :cool: Knew sum people wouldnt like the kit and sum people would but thats allways been the same where ever i go ! When i bought the front bumper it was only the 70 ith or sumit like that to ever be made, had it fitted over 2 years now so was gonna change it but at the moment there is nothing else i like the look of ! Its my car so i mod it how i like (cant say fairer than thet :rolleyes: ) Any more ideas about paint tho as ive only seen it dun a couple of times :confused: :confused: Cheers
Ignore the buggers!

For paint, any thing but white... white doesnt really show much gloss... go for something with more depth, not sure what colour tho.

Like the car too btw :) Stick around! hehe

#22 ·
I reckon do a dark blue respray, most nova's on the road i see seem to be white or red, I personally think the spoiler does your car a lot of justice but the front bumper doesnt do it for me, but fair enough to ya m8, not seen any nova's like yours, go for a colour you don't see any other nova's in and you car will stand out in comparison to the other ones
if your thinkin bout two tones thought about the tvr purple/green? thats lovely, but then again theres a few ppl in beamers that use that around here, maybe a blue/green instead?
if you go for a dark colour, chrome the handles if you dont get rid of them! hope it helps.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.