Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Need info

377 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Jambos4Ever 
#1 ·
hey guys/gals
I know this has been asked before but i cant seem to find the thread so im posting it again.
Are undercar LED's/Neons legal or illegal?
Also, can someone post a link to the legal document thing that states what is legal and what isnt :D

cheers all

Mark

#3 ·
sure some one said that there legal as long as you cant see the actuall light (so ya can only see the reflection on the floor) but even though this maybe the case if you get a copper on his high horse that "knows he is right" you still might get a producer or told to take em off, best bet would be to fit an easy to reach switch so if you see the 5 0 you can turn em off

#4 ·
5_door owner said:
sure some one said that there legal as long as you cant see the actuall light (so ya can only see the reflection on the floor) but even though this maybe the case if you get a copper on his high horse that "knows he is right" you still might get a producer or told to take em off, best bet would be to fit an easy to reach switch so if you see the 5 0 you can turn em off
Yeah i heard some thing about you are Ok if you can't see the actual tubes, you can use a switch but most cop cars have cameras so there camera will see the lights probably before you see the cop car.
But a mate has them on a clio and he got pulled and the cops didn't even tell him to turn them off.
It all depends on what copper you get.

#6 ·
ur all rong! lol

different police forces take different views. Us up here, our police force said that ur allowed them on, Providing u cannot see the neon itself.

i also know, that others will do u, if ur not parked up, & there on. It totally depends on which force is operating in that area :)

#7 ·
Black Magic said:
ur all rong! lol

different police forces take different views. Us up here, our police force said that ur allowed them on, Providing u cannot see the neon itself.

i also know, that others will do u, if ur not parked up, & there on. It totally depends on which force is operating in that area :)
Thats what i was saying, it depends which copper pulls you and which police force etc, different areas have different views.

#8 ·
the long and short of it is any lights fitted to a car that were not standard fit are illigal to use on a public road and puplic car parks including neons, washer jet lights, strobes, tire flys, led's they may be used on private land if operated by an exterior switch and any existing light on the car must shine the required colour or that is illigal aswell but like these guy said it all depends on the copper and what mood he is in at the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.