Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Help/opinions please!

353 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  P621PNK 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, need some of your expertise and opinions please!

As you can see in the photo, I desperately need some alloys to fill my custom arches! :eek: :eek:

I would like 17's but the real help I need concerns the width/offset of the wheels. The rears obviously need to sit out more (preferably about an inch and a half) so the wheels sit either flush with the outside of the arch or tucked up just inside them. How do I go about this? My current wheels are 14" with 195/60 tyres (standard offset- 49 I THINK) (93' L cesaro) and I think the 'common' application for 17s on my car would be 205/40/17 with 45-49mm offset - HOWEVER I dont think these would do the job, so do I get wider wheels, ie. 7.5-8 inches wide OR reduce the offset so they sit out more? Or a combo of wider wheels and slightly less offset?

I do not want to get excessive tramlining (which I dont think I can avoid really to be honest) but need those wheels to stick out!

Would anyone recommend spacers for my problem? :confused: The car is lowered 40mm on Gmax springs and dampers.

Any input from you guys will help me loads.....

P.s the car is a work in progress so please dont cuss it :eek: :rolleyes: :beer:

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for your reply m8, the original arch has been cut back about an inch - basically, the wheel can move outwards and will have enough room but I dont know whether to

1. Get spacers
2. Wider wheels
3. Less offset
4. Combo of above, ie. best solution for handling etc.

What you reckon? Kinda wanna sort the wheels out before finishing bodywork and respray :beer:

#6 ·
I think the best thing to do is to take the car to somewhere like SouthCostWheels (or preferably somewhere nearer) so I can fit a selection of alloys - do you think they will let me? Ill probably go for a 'safe' offset and if they need putting out further I can always get spacers. As opposed to getting a small offset and finding out they rub on the inside. Cheers anyways mate :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.