Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Bad Powdercoating?

729 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Giles 
#1 ·
#6 ·
It's Nathan, Melv lmao

Carrick Engineering in Prestwick. Spoke to the bloke on the phone and in person and had him assure me that they wouldn't touch the underside :rolleyes:

Got it back the other day. Was seriously pissed off as i had told him twice. Gave it an extensive blast with the powerwasher. Took off the metal plate from underneath and sure enough it was clogged full of sand. Cleaned all that out, sanded back the metal plate and cleaned each of the 13 screws that hold it in place meticulously :doh: There is some silver coating on the underside but after blasting it with the power washer and using cleaning materials it's still there so i would say that it's pretty well on and shouldn't come off when i've got it back on.

Just need to get some sealer to put the metal plate back on properly and all should be good (hopefully).

I would avoid the company at all costs as it has taken me most of the day to sort out what they had done, even if it does look good! They had the cheek to tell me they had done loads before, in which case all i can think is there must be alot of seriously pissed off XE owners in my area!

Cheers for looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.