Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

calibra DTM

13K views 169 replies 30 participants last post by  scooby-KILLER 
#1 ·
picked this up on saturday on the whole its all good so far :lmao: no real plan for it other than sort out the body work/paint and general bits and bobs then enjoy it

couple of pictures not the greatest but they will do for now.

thats it picture wise for now

See less See more
#104 ·
Well the x20xev is shagged water pump failed in style. So took the engine out planing to stick the xe in it. Straight swap in loose terms. The bay was pretty scabbie to put it lightly. Started to clean it up and it went from bad to shit!. The bulk head/floor is ****ed to be accurate with my description.

I need the car on the road and can't afford to flush £700 easy down the swanie so I have to save it or do my best.

Al fire some pictures up and you's can all tell how bad it is and how its not worth saving. But breaking it all any one would want is the wheels thats it so it has to be saved.

#114 ·
**** it just spend an hour or so with the kurust and hammerite, do the best you can and it should last a few years like that still. Nothing terminal by the looks of it?

Then if you like the car in the meantime, you can re-shell it at a later date when you've got the time/space/money

#116 ·
mate looks bad but trust me its not that bad!! ill try find you some pics off my palls xr2 he's having sorted now its like a collinder!! chin up pall like stated above kurust and hammerite untill you can afford it sorted!! its only the bottom pic that looks really bad keep your chin up!!

#117 ·
I'm just going to cut out all the shit and weld in some clean metal. My only worry is setting fire to the interior/dash as there is holes either side. I don't fancy taking out the dash to be honest do you think I can get away with not removing it?. Bucket of water handy?

Cheers

#120 ·
Dashes aren't toooo bad to get out

Only bits that might catch you out are the heater slider wires (pop them out) and the fact the dash doesn't clear the ignition switch/indicator mounts. I just chop the strip on the dash that goes under the steering column (unseen when fitted anyway!)

But no I wouldn't remove it for welding, just have a mate with a fire extinguisher watching the inside. Maybe damp down the carpets if you can see smouldering

#121 ·
The ecotec in my mk3 GSi went the same way. Fecking thing left me sat on the A1 at 1 in the morning, in the rain, no coat and a flat mobile. Just before it shat itself it was running the best it ever had as well...

I think Ben put something in my tea when I was buying some bits off him, I never used to really like Calibras before then but they are really growing on me now :lmao:

#129 ·
Yes, I read back over that, I know it would be a pain to have to remove all the dash to do the welding. But I think I would have to if it was me. Only because I'd kick myself so hard if it all went wrong.
Nem knows his callys and says he'd go for it (with bystander) But..... fingers crossed for you! can your luck get any worse?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.