Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

calibra DTM

13K views 169 replies 30 participants last post by  scooby-KILLER 
#1 ·
picked this up on saturday on the whole its all good so far :lmao: no real plan for it other than sort out the body work/paint and general bits and bobs then enjoy it

couple of pictures not the greatest but they will do for now.

thats it picture wise for now

See less See more
#66 ·
The drain pipes for the sunroof are just small plastic pipes that plug in to rubber sockets under the back of the light units, they tend to get dislodged when people replace bulbs. Undoubtedly the cause of the rust in my boot/rear panel.
You can see them here:

#71 ·
Ive just fixed my leaking sunroof, Had a blocked hose too, trouble is on the calibra its a headlining out job, just detaching the pipe from the sunroof and blowing down it unblocked mine, you don't want to take the headlining out of a calibra unless you have too though, I was getting a wet ass, not good. The headlining is pinned in at the back and clipped in all round the sunroof, next to impossible to refit the clips! plus theres all the normal trim to remove, My astra is dead easy in comparison to the cali, As I said don't do it unless you have to fix a problem, spose you could blow up them to see if blocked, but that sort of defeats the point as you want to clear any blockage downwards the way the water runs.

#78 ·
Just take them off the sunroof and blow down the hoses you'll be able to tell if they are blocked that way, they should be fine though, still worth checking while you've got the headlining out, could also use a compressor if you have the right fitments,

The back of the headlining on the calibra has a metal strip glued onto it with prongs sticking out that need to be slotted in to the roof, normally this has detached from the headlining especially if it wasn't carefully removed, then around the sunroof there are metal clips that fit over the ridge of the bodywork and around the headlining and are pinched into place with a special tool, then the fabric strip fits over that, All this needs to be done with the sunroof up, so you have connect the switch and get the sunroof in position before fitting it. and then try to pinch the metal clips up, Not easy at all, I had a look at the Haynes Guide it says the sunroof is extremely complex and made of many parts don't touch it unless you have to, Nothing about the headlining!

#75 ·
im after

rear wiper arm
6(i think) plastic clips/screws that hold up the carpet/trim above pedals
plastic shroud above drivers head for alarm sensors
seat belt cover (plastic bit that covers the bit that moves up and down) if you know what i mean
centre piece of front splitter

there is more but cant think of what of the top of my head. yeah i live in fife/aberdeen mate. the rears dont seem to bad not the best right enough

#90 ·
well... i had a bit of a surprise today. i was out in the car park fixing her car and the cally was sat next to it. The fence that surrounds the car park had blown down a while ago so the car park is expossed to the public roads (thankfully). any way was cracking on with her car when some old boy pulls up in a new astra and jumps out and wanders over and asks if the cally is mine and i said yes it is. he then asked is it for sale? i said no i have just bought it and he sighed and said i would have bitten your hand of right now lol. We then started speaking about the DTM's & how he sold his brand new RS2000 as he didnt like it then got a lift down to glasgow and walked into a dealer where there was a v6 DTM and he told the sales man he is taking it home now. the salesman replied with a "what?" you cant take it its not even registered. he then took it for a very quick test drive and once he got back to the dealer with a massive grin on his face pulled out the cash and again the salesman said you cant take it as its not registered. he went on to say some thing i cant remember lol but basically got trade plates put on it and drove it out lol. he then disapeared then not long after reapeared haha. he then pulled out this what i thought was a bumper but turns out to be a splitter cracking one at that. and now it belongs to me :)

#96 ·
im un sure on it yet mate? lol. i have spoken to a couple of people and it is believed to be an irmscher zender kit well part of it. i have also been speaking to some one who has a full kit not to far from me but not sure if its what i want to do as i think i would like to keep this standard well at least to look at as i think they look well as they are when they rust/blemish free so to speak.

i was just down at halfrauds to look at materials for attacking the body work and **** me there prices are ****ing mental pretty much a £10 a tin of paint never even bothered looking at much else just turned around and went on my way. there is a body shop down home that afaik is cheaper and its a proper body shop so i could get some advice at the same time not just some punk trying to sell me the most exspensive shite they have on the shelf lol.

im hoping to get the front brakes done tomorrow and give it a good clean and write a list or "things to do" so i dont get lost and end up half doing things as i am good at that :face::lmao:

#98 ·
i agree mate and tbh i have some one with a full kit for sale but they want offers and basically me to offer more than they want and i would rather put what spare money i have (little) atm towards the up keep of the body work etc not slapping on kits so for time being i think i will live with the the cally looking like it has a front tooth missing (centre piece of splitter) as it doesnt affect the working of the car. and i need a headlight and other bits and pieces so thats more important to me.

nice clean polished paint all the external trim as it should be new headlight new flying chip badges for the side (as there is bits flaked off) and paint calipers the same yellow and i think that will be a good start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.