Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

corsaab b204L project

6K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
hi all , im new to migweb but have been looking and getting some usefull info , im starting a saab b204 conversion on my corsa 1.4 sport , bought the car 6 month ago now which came with a c20xe fitted , however after lots of playing and messing im now bored and looking for bigger power

here is a link to my facebook album of how the car started and how it currently is since iv owned it Facebook

the car is now currently striped down and i have just removed the old engine which is now for sale , leaving a very empty bay , i am starting the work in january , with the help of a mate who will be cutting welding and fabricating my bay so the engine fits ect , ill try to keep you all up to date with the project and hopefully it will be showing at pvs this year !! :)

#3 ·
ill get an account set up mate , and yeah i was reading your thread mate , the car looks good ! and your drivers side looks good ! looks tidy for having t be chopped up as iv heard some horro storys about chopping them up , thats the only bit worrying me lol

#7 ·
well got meself on and made an account , so ill hoy the pics up of how i got it , how it was when it ended life as an xe , and how its sat now waiting to start the build :)
when i bought it -

few pics of it in anlwick an hour before rear mount snapped ;) -

and now as its sat waiting to start -

#13 ·
I got allot of hate for the colour I went for mate , I personally wouldn't of chose it myself either lol , reason I went green was it had roose hoses under the bonnet so a thought a may aswell go with that , all the green is coming off now tho apart from my 4 point harnese are green lol

#17 ·
mate put engine in without manifold turbo etc on it,u can leave the inlet on it but the front end catches if the mani is on it,hope u have the right engine with the shorter inlet manifold and is it gareth that is doing it with u as i had some one ask me about the conversion

#18 ·
hmmm i ****ing hope i have the right engine aswell !!! took the piss getting it like , and its going in from the bottom ? or do they still need to come off ? , and aye mate gareth is doing the work for is , and aye he said he asked you a few things lol

#19 ·
rite for a start the manifold does catch unless u wana spend half an hour fafing about with it,whip the 8 or so 13s out for the manifold.the turbo is 4 bolts aswell.gareth should know but there is long inlets and short ones but i think its the 9,5s that have the long ones,also take ure water pump off as i damaged mine when i left it on and was hard finding another in short notice, bets of luck with it and dont get too stressed out but if u had the mount i had on mine it will need the spot welds removed to get the engine in.u will see what i mean when use get it in place,oh and make sure u close ure bonnet and make sure it clears before making mounts up. good way to do it is to remove the drivers wing and u can see the clearence gap from there.i put copper slip on my rocker cover then closed bonnet to see if it was touching. GOOD LUCK MATE

#20 ·
okay so been a while , been busy with work ect so time to update,

1st of all the engine is now in , and sitting levle , with mount fabricated ect

as there are already threads with chassis leg in i will not show mine as its done the same as the corsa v6 - b204 thread ,

took 4 days of work to get it in , now 2 weeks later after ordering everything i need and having basiclyy everything , tmorro work will resume , with a trial fit to the bay , for rad intercooler ect , then engine back out and bit more strength added to the chassis leg and mount befor making it look factory ,

after that paint will begin , chosen colour is sort of a flip colour , honda pirate black , also will to cam cover this colour aswell ,

then will be a case of engine back in and everyting else fitted , wire tuck and try to get it running ,

will be using an f20 box aswell hopefully it wont go bang , also upgrading to v6 brakes so i dont hit a wall ,

ecu should be back from nige on a stage 2 map :D

then inside the car will also be getting painted with a mps show cage , bucket seats , 4 point harnesess , boost guage and thats about it ,

exterior i have a full gsi kit to go on + the mini wheels posted up the top , these are also going to be painted so the car will be a 2tone effect from bumpers to body , , bonnet will be raised up and currently has mk3 gsi vents , which i am debating weather to paint them the new colour aswell to stand out on the bonnet :)

more to come over the next few weeks so will keep yus posted as best i can :)

#25 ·
hello ryan its Gareth. shes coming on a treat.

as for bulk head clearance it was cut for a powercap poorly so i trimmed it neatly to clear the tophat. yesturday seen the fitting of radiator and FMIC only things to mock up now is waterpipes, Air intake, PAS pump delete to finish, a days graft. could see it turn over ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.