Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

corsaab b204L project

6K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
hi all , im new to migweb but have been looking and getting some usefull info , im starting a saab b204 conversion on my corsa 1.4 sport , bought the car 6 month ago now which came with a c20xe fitted , however after lots of playing and messing im now bored and looking for bigger power

here is a link to my facebook album of how the car started and how it currently is since iv owned it Facebook

the car is now currently striped down and i have just removed the old engine which is now for sale , leaving a very empty bay , i am starting the work in january , with the help of a mate who will be cutting welding and fabricating my bay so the engine fits ect , ill try to keep you all up to date with the project and hopefully it will be showing at pvs this year !! :)

#32 ·
okay so been a while since i uopdated this

well i last updated after 4 days work where the engine had been mounted and was sitting in the bay ,

since then the 1st thing to do was a trail fit with rad fmic ect to get it all mocked up withing the mighty small space in the bay

took a day and had it to this stage

after this i put lights and bumper on to see how fmic sits in bumper :)

after this it was time to strip engine back out and sort the engine bay out for paint :)
decided on honda pirate black as colour for bay and few other bits :) so bay went through stages :) -

so piant work done engine bay is now ready for the engine to go back in and get it running , but lets not forget the engine had been sat there about 5-6 month , so mini-re-build was in order , started with new chain and chain guide , full gasket set (good job as water ways on head gasket where shot !!) , polished up the pistons and a cheeky little mod adding an extra 500rpm :)

after all back together the engine went in to its home for the final time and got built back up to being fully plumbed in and looking like this

still not as it will be , rocker cover needs painted and inlet cover will be added shortly so will look tidier than this :)

now for the fun part - it was running

next stage which was sundays work was to get it running , (upto this point we got by with very few problems)
1st off was putting linkage on and rear mount , as im far to clumsy with i lost one of the bolts so we had to buy new one - slight problem was to big so (altered the bolt a bit - ended up snapping in gear box so full mount came off and new bolt was sourced theat fitted , however we then noticed oil cooler pipe had split on ARB so had to be replaced , while replacing it we realized ARM now needs to be lowered , so now im going to have to look into adjustable ARB kit , next was onto daft little bits , then onto brakes , set them up ect , time to bleed brakes and bleed nipple on one snapped , so time to source a new caliper aswell , also to add to the problems after this was exhaust welded up however typical british weather meant that it was rain/snowing so no welded and we decided to call it a day , however linkage was on ect so i managed to drive it up the garden so it does move itself = Result :)

now few more things bought and its a week till payday so to finish off the update a few kore pics of what else is going on with it

new wheels bough for a bargine !!

also as it was previously an xe it was on 60mm front springs however extra engine weight mad eit sit with less than 2" clearence from the sump but front end looked like this -

this lead to me getting standard springs as a temp lift while its being worked on

also just another little video made tonight :)

so hope yous all enjoy the update , very long but think iv covered most of it

ill update again when more work is done :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.