Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Red Sport Project

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Benn 
#1 ·
Red Sport Project UPDATE 09/01/2013 NEW PICTURES

Well as many of you know i done a deal and got rid of the vectra saloon, wasnt doing a great fuel econ and what what i was getting might as well have got something fun :D
So off i went to tyrone to have a look at the car, even with sat nav the place was hard to find but eventually made it
Was about 6 miles off a country road in the back end of no were
Well as we drove into a lovely looking house the other half said she loved it and it had to come home which was great news
So the owner a young country lad was telling me what he had done to it and went to start the car, as he started the car he didnt realise he had it in gear so off the car drove itself, myself and rab had to jump out of its way but luckily the owner then managed to jump in and stop it centimetres away from a wall :O
So after a test drive and a look around we decided to deal :D So off we went home with a new car, with 4 of us in the car it was a fun ride home with the car being that low
Car needed a new fan belt squeeled like hell but that is only £8 belt to get
But we knew that it needed an exhaust manifold gasket so was slightly blowing but no one could prepare us for the manifold coming completely off on the motorway lol
So we pulled over and had a look and we had lost the nuts for them , so with no jack in car and no nuts what todo? In the boot we used some old straps and managed to tie it up and in place and hoped for the best
It held for the last 40 miles home and only gave way outside my door lol
So That was all fun
Next day went to get fan belt, to cut the story short the people before were using the wrong belt and even had it positioned completely wrong so after buying 6 belts and using several books we finally got right belt position :)

CAR WAS ONLY GIVEN A QUICK 20 MIN CLEAN ITS COVERED IN TAR AND EVERYTHING STILL WHICH IS FOR ANOTHER DAY

So about the car
Its a 1998 sport x14xe
Car is motd to next august
has done 122k miles but has full vaux services history to little under 100k and has been serviced twice since by private mechanic
Car came with service book and few receipts including head rebuild in 02
Car itself came with:
Original vaux wind deflectors
vaux mud flaps
spax coilovers so the ride is comfy as hell compared to any car i have ever owned with coilovers or lowering springs
6k hid kit
led side light bulbs
clean interior with no rips
decent set of sport wheels
clean boot, bonnet and wiper area with no rust

Usual sport extras of central locking, electric windows, electric/ heated mirrors, sunroof etc

I have added the black v grill
ripspeed mp3 usb player
flat wiper blades
k&n filter
middle box of exhaust has been removed and cat is empty but on for mot
laguna front splitter
Black v grill
Added stainless induction pipe i had for k&n

Plans include
Power chip piggy back BOUGHT ALREADY NOT FITTED
Badgeless front grill BOUGHT ALREADY NOT FITTED
E-Tech stru brace BOUGHT ALREADY NOT FITTED
4 branch manifold BOUGHT ALREADY NOT FITTED
Single Din dvd BOUGHT ALREADY NOT FITTED
custom inlet manifold
tints- medium back, light front
new exhaust system
badgeless front grill
Paint sport wheels black

See less See more
#8 ·
Well Few pictures of what i have so far to look forward to thanks to mother and fiancee :thumb:
Got a cheap piggy back power chip , mightnt be any use but worth a try
Sonichi dvd player, far from a dear model but perfect for what i need

Badgless grill possibly get an Irmscher badge for it

Etech front strut brace

#9 ·
Well been a while since i updated this but quite a bit has happened last month and more to follow :D
First thing was to deristrict my airbox and fit a new filter
Next was to add powerflow backbox i got and get a straight through made from manifold back no pictures sadly of it on car
For christmas i got my Sonichi DVD player looks good and works great with usb stick
Tigra coin tray installed with some much need sweets lol
Tigra scuttle panel fitted
badgeless front grill fitted
laguna front splitter removed
and a set of Depo style headlights Rab made me for christmas
also fitted strut brace but sadly no pictures :(
Also got some steinletz replica skirts

Plans to happen are fit 4 branch, fit side skirts, car togo body shop for some work :D , car to get a full service also so watch this space :D

#12 ·
Well been a while since i updated this but quite a bit has happened last month and more to follow :D
First thing was to deristrict my airbox and fit a new filter
Next was to add powerflow backbox i got and get a straight through made from manifold back no pictures sadly of it on car
For christmas i got my Sonichi DVD player looks good and works great with usb stick
Tigra coin tray installed with some much need sweets lol
Tigra scuttle panel fitted
badgeless front grill fitted
laguna front splitter removed
and a set of Depo style headlights Rab made me for christmas
also fitted strut brace but sadly no pictures :(
Also got some steinletz replica skirts

Plans to happen are fit 4 branch, fit side skirts,have to also remove SAI Pump to fit 4 branch car

Car is being taken off road for a few months for me to get it undersealed, new brakes , paint etc so driving other car pictures to come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.