Well some highs and some lows today. I picked a nice used F28 clutch last night from Dale. Thank you.
I fitted it to the flywheel this morning, once I had that on it was time to get the gearbox on.
Next to the CDTI mounts.
Ready to go on, after a bit of sweating, it went on. I tried it with the engine at waist height this time, and it proved to work well much better than doing it closer to the floor.
Then I fitted the chassie mounts.
With the Astra mount I had to elongated the holes, it wasn't too bad because it's alloy.
Once I had the mounts in postion, I moved the engine and box into the bay. It went in really easy, miles more simple than a XE into a B anyway.
After that is was all doom and gloom. I tried to put the subframe on, but because I had fitted the front and rear mounts, it wouldn't go on so off they came. I got the subframe on but the bracket on the box above fowls it, so I had to drop it again, and cut it off.
Then I fitted the rear mount, which went ok a bit of messing about, and I had to go to the local agriculture supply place to get a few M12 bolts because I didn't have any that were long enough.
Then I moved on to the front mount, which just went downhill fast. I saved the brackets from the Astra, the 3 pot doesn't have a front mount. They seem to be as much use a inflatable pincushion. So after loads of farting about, I didn't get anywhere, and started playing with the clutch pipe, I didn't know the pipe coming from the gearbox needed a seal, so I clipped on the pipe, and removed the clamp letting fluid run into the bell housing. So I took it off again, check the box that came from the Corsa to see it had seal. So I'm waiting for it stop dripping, and I'll try again tomorrow.
Thanks for looking.