Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

AL's Corsa D...iesel

4K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Kev_G 
#1 ·
For those that don't know who I am, a brief history lesson... I had this Mk3 for many many years:

To say the least, I got up to some 'antics' in that car...

Started out as a bog standard 1.4 Merit... ended up as a completely stripped out XE hoonmobile. Ragged the living death out of that car every day I got in to it. Eventually time took its toll, so I bought this:

Mint 2.2 SRi... Made quite a lot of tweaks - exhaust, wheels, coilovers, stereo etc... Then one damp Sunday morning on the M62, I had an 'incident'

Fast forward several years of expensive insurance and cheap Ford Fiesta's, most recently this one:

...in which I may have slightly put a rod through the block... Needed a car for work desperately so stumbled across this little beauty at a local Vaux dealers.

We were fortunate enough to know the staff there so got a substantial discount, Network Q warranty, new brakes, some bodywork doing etc etc...
Its a 1.7CDTi SXI with some nice factory options like mudflaps, boot storage shelf, AFL headlights (£800 option when new!) etc...

Naturally I couldn't leave it standard - so I will cover the mods in my next post...

See less See more
#10 ·
Stand a fair chance! Go drifting twice a month - stand in the middle of the track marshalling whilst all sorts of daft ****ers hammer around. Following several years of stranding by Specky - it can't help!

#7 ·
(Apologies for the image quality... I just snap with the ol' iPhone these days!)

So first up were the basics... De-badging and some Insignia washer jets:

LED number plate bulbs from HIDs Direct

HIDs...

They are 8k so its quite blue!

Lamin-X fogs...

Purchased a set of wheels for it... This is the only time they were ever fitted! Have now sold them on as have something muuuuuuuuuuuuuch cooler!

[/QUOTE]

13/04/2012: Had my car detailed today - local lad i've known for a few years running his own company now: Detail UK (look up on facebook!) - was an enhancement detail rather than a full correction - removed the majority of scratches and i'm struggling to fine any swirls on there now! Previously the paint looked a bit flat and lacklustre - now it looks like glass and reflects as well as any silver car i've ever seen :)

During...

Roof starting to look a lot better:

After:

Got home and stuck a quick coat of wax over the sealant used during the details so it looks even glossier now :)

Looks a different car, very pleased!

14/04/2012: OOH OOH more exciting progress... Well ok not really that excting, but its one of my favourite jobs on a car :)

Before...

During...

Done...

[/QUOTE]

06/05/2012: Been a busy few weeks! Have been working away in Kent quite regularly so not had much time on the car... First change was some damage to the front bumper and wing after a slight argument with a road works sign. Will get it sorted when I have the other bits of bodywork done :( I also added a K&N panel filter... Its not exactly upped the power but does seem to have improved pickup a little and ha made the whooshes and whistles a little louder :p
Anyway yesterday I went over to Detail UK's new workshop in Tamworth for a maintenance wash and wax topup...

Had a thorough wash and we added two coats of Dodo Juice wax to keep the gloss in the paintwork - it looks stunning :)

Detail UK's unit is also home to Wrapstarz, and up and coming vinyl wrapping company that has recently been featured in Fast Car.

All finished...

Really pleased with the results! Its only when up close that you can see it isn't painted :)

Next jobs... Have the rarest of the Irmscher spoilers on its way to me this week and I need to get my wheels sorted and on so I can work out how low to go.

14/05/2012: Removed the vinyl trim from the pillars last week... Mainly because the bit on the drivers side was looking a little tired! Considering replacement trims done in carbon at some stage - for now I like it without :)

My super bargain super rare Irmscher spoiler arrived :) Chuffed with how it looks on the car! I think it will fit in really well with the VXR styling kit when I get around to purchasing one...

Had another trip over to Wrapstarz/Detail UK today and ended up getting a sunstrip fitted - its satin black rather than gloss as it won't mark from the wipers like the gloss would. Looks great on the car! Subtle from outside but makes a really nice different when driving :)

Another pic...

Next on the cards... Back box delete, Heko wind deflectors, VXR rear lights... Then i'll finally get my wheels refurbed and buy some coilovers!

30/06/2012: Bored of everyone running the same wheels on D's, so got these...

So that brings us up to the current day! I've been working away loads and have finally sorted out the removal of my old Fiesta so will have a bit more space to do stuff now! Next on the list is definitely a set of springs! Need to drop it a bit to set off the wheels! Only other thing I am desperate for is a remap but this may wait for now!

Oh... and save the "wheels look gash" comments... I love them :p

#15 ·
Don't you remember No Spec then?, It was the one you should of bought when you killed your blue one iirc.

Loving the Saab rims on the corsa, they look ace, as does the rear spoiler.

As for "scene", you will find that shit over on the VAGina forums!!!!!

Welcome back by the way!!

#20 ·
AL likes this.

Got some other new bits recently too... Black boot handle, LED interior lights, new HID kit (old one failed), Heko wind deflectors, Euro rear light and probably some other bits I've forgotten...

Want to get some 16" steels for winter and coilovers as the back is still way too high! Ooh also got a styling pack rear skirt for cheap so need the front and sides now then it can go to the bodyshop for a tidy up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Not much to report on the Corsa front... Clocking up silly miles travelling to Kent each week. Car hasn't missed a beat other than needing the rear wheel bearings replacing (common D fault on 5 stud models when they hit 60k). Only mod's i've done are a swap to a Pioneer headunit and fitted a Griffin Autosport DTS bar.
Not been washed since early December / about 4000 miles ago so it's looking a bit of a state:

Snowed quite heavily in Maidstone the last day or so... Proven to be a useful snow plough!

Haven't got stuck anyway!

Good fun when you want to re-create the Monte Carlo rally too!

#23 ·
Yeah that went a while ago! The roof had a few discolouration issues so came off and I never liked the grille as the wrap on it wasn't brilliant - if I can pick another V up for sensible money i'll paint it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.