Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa b C20LET build

12K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  smithy31 
#1 ·
Hello all, first the story:
About 2 weeks ago i decided after owning my current car for a few years was now time for a change so i decided to swap it for a corsa some cash and a c2olet engine,loom etc.
Went to pv on sunday to get some ideas on bodywork, wheels, mods and to have a noise at what was happening. Since being back i gave the garage a good clear out took a long drive to ipswitch to pick up a bargain welder from ebay after my old one was sold off with my last bodyshop and also picked up another deal from ebay an engine crane. So i am pretty much ready to start my project, here are some pics i took today, lots more to follow

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Have done some more stripping today and came across two things that i dont know what they are im sure there will be more as ive never stripped a corsa before so bare with me guys if i ask whats whats. First two pics are of what looks to be a solenoid that was bolted up on the rear drivers side quarter panel near the rear light connection?? and the second some sort of breather catch tank that was bolted on the drivers side inner wheel arch what are these??? Thanks in advance and the last pic was of the floorpan

Attachments

#12 ·
The one under the front wing is the fuel tank vent.

The solenoid is the central locking solenoid for the lock pin on the fuel cap door

:beer:

#14 ·
its just a vent thats filtered to prevent the tank over pressurising mate.

#18 ·
Well heres a little update of progress so far, starting to look ready for the welding work. Still need to take off the two bits of doorcards and the floor sound deadening was debating leaving it down as im sure will take forever to get off?

Attachments

#19 ·
Also have a couple of qustions is it okey to do away with the key reponder unit that sits on the steering column as when the times right will get a new alarm system fitted?
Also can i chuck away the two sierens that are located next to the fusebox and brake servo in the bulkhead i take is they are both part of the old alarm?

#20 ·
Well its been a while but after saving a few pennys i had a couple of nice deliverys today
1st a nice very well wrapped safety devices rollcage
2nd a new welding mask and gloves much needed. I can now make a start welding in the rollcage brackets, seam welding up the bulkhead and chassis legs also need to weld some plates where the aircon used to be am looking forward to getting all the welding done as after that will be time for paint the part i really enjoy. I will paint all of the shell inside out in one hit, then do the panels afterwards as i wont fit it all in the booth at once.

Attachments

#21 ·
While the engine was splitt down being re honed and oil jetted thought i should give it a little tidy up before its all bolted back up. After a few hours of grinding sanding etc i had the block cleaned up and ready for some paint i gave the block a nice coat of etch followed by 2 coats of base and two coats of clear then a 40 min bake to get it to set off nice and hard. That evening i was in pain with one of my eyes a trip to the hospital was on the cards, after a 2 hour wait the doc found 5 pieces of tiny metal shard lodged in my eye was taking out with a needle i could feel the needle picking the bits from my eye, not a nice feeling at all. I was wearing googles too must of slipted up underneith them when i was blowing all the grap out. Heres a few pics of the block before and after enjoy

Attachments

#25 ·
Well after a couple of days im pleased to say my eye is fine and can now look forward to sanding the cam cover, rocker cover, sump and gearbox ready for paint. Ive just got back from france today after a weeks fishing so will start that lot on monday. Thanks for the gearbox nemesis was nice to come home to find that in my garage will pm you my address for the bolts and plate matey

#28 ·
The engine was sent off to stevyboyslim for the block to have oil jets fitted upgraded pistons, rods, shells, head gasket, upgraded oil pump, billet flywheel and a LSD put into the f28. Since then the engine has been sitting on a stand in my kitchen and the shell untouched since purchasing the roll gage. I bought another c2olet corsa b matt black one that was advertised on here a while back thought i would drive that around while i was building the other one. To be honest im thinking of selling one of them as no need for two then with the money realised from one can put into the other, thats what i should have done in the first place but wanted something to drive there and then. When the weather picks up im sure i will find the motivation to get back on with the blue one. The engine loom and box is all ready to go in so just got to get the bodywork side of things done matey

#29 ·
What power will this achieve then? I can only imagine one turbo b with around 280bhp?
But suppose you could have two, one with monster spec aswell and choose which one to suit your driving mood haha
Your right though, putting everything into one would produce a great corsa

Looking forward to updateage man

#30 ·
The engines internals etc has been built to take a good 400 bhp im only looking for around the 280- 300 bhp mark. I havent had the black one rolling roaded yet but thats running a upgraded turbo phase 3.5 chips with power wheel upgraded clutch etc.
Take a look at that one i did start a post on it too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.