Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Astra Coupe B204 Engine now Complete

16K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Ryanc88 
#1 ·
Finally finished my Saab Turbo engine astra coupe. Started of as 1.8 and taken me 3 months to finish and everything working perfectly. Not been the easiest conversion Ive done, but now its fairly straight forward. Got a big build diary!!

A fair bit of fabrication work was required and have kept drawings and templates of all mounts/brackets and plates I have had to make.

Treated it to some FK coilovers, yokohama prada spec 2 tyres and some Mercedes AMG 330mm discs, astra vxr calipers for handling and stopping power.

Full custom 3" stainless system from turbo, HKS air filter and HKS blow off valve. Sounds awesome on boost gonna put some vids up soon.

Pulls nice and hard with stage 2 ECU and uprated actuator and 4bar FPR.

Full boost in all gears, 1st and 2nd are pointless but sounds a monster.

Now its all running another engine is gonna be bought for a rebuild. Bigger turbo (GT30) injectors (siemens 630cc) etc for a 350-400bhp engine, coupled with a astra vxr gearbox.

Let me know what ya think to finished result.

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Astra Coupe B204 Engine Complete

Turbostevo - Thanks mate forgot to mention ya help on a few issues with this build. Finally enjoying it after lots of talking about it lol.

Corsa_LET - Thanks, I havent seen many really in a mk4 that are finished, but not really looked either. Not a lot out there info wise on this conversion which maybe the reason why, but I have a few secrets. Used original engine mount on drivers side too which I havent seen and also made a idler pulley bracket in place of the original power steering pump. I ll put more pics up soon.

Thanks also rc and show n shine

#8 ·

You started so well then you put shocking tyres on it *yokohama prada spec 2 tyres* get rid of them asap

#11 ·

Just an update on my astra coupe.

Over the past week I have been messing about with my engine. I have rebuilt a t25/t28 turbo. I used the standard saab turbine wheel/shaft and a t28 compressor wheel from a fiat coupe turbo. Had to send compressor housing sent off for machining.

Then I installed T5 suite and In Car Dash on laptop and started having a play about with it. After reading the manuals from front to back I thought I would try uploading a stage 3 map. I first updated the firmware on the ECU with a few tweaks. I turned off the heater plates because I had to remove them when fitting the engine for more clearance. This resulted in the car running lumpy for a few secs when cold. This problem has now gone and I also turned the fuel cut off on over run. It now pops and bang like mad when changing gear and throttling off. Looks and sounds amazing lol!!! Then tried the stage 3 map upload. Literally took 2 mins to do. So many things to adjust or you can leave as a basic upload. Made a few tweeks here too lol.

Took the car out for a spin and I could tell the difference straight away. Checked all the engine inputs/outputs using the In CAr Dash program. Boost pressure was harsh and correct, afr mixture was 12.2 on acceleration, air temp was 24 degress which is good considering. Only problem was maxed out injectors!! So might need bigger ones or raise fuel pressure but dont wanna be running on limits of them.

The print screen image I took showed 309bhp and 480nm torque. No sure how accurate this is but at the time of the test drive my mate in his astra gsi mk4 which has 268bhp rolling roaded was behind. We both floored it and I pulled away noticably. We have same size wheels/tyres and gearbox fitted so these factors cant be used for the acceleration difference.

Ill have to have a full rolling road setup to confirm.

#14 ·
Thanks Th0m45 and dewismotorsport for the compliments.

I have a load more pictures to put up but im busy building another engine at the moment for a friend (x30xe turbocharged) so I will put some up as soon as I can. are you thinking of doing a simular project? or do you require any particular pics/info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.