Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

R1 4xv rwd micra k11

31K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  tim20 
#1 ·
Hi, been gathering parts together over the last few weeks to build my rwd micra. I did fancy doing a mini but there's lots about and are more expensive than a micra to buy with the same amount of rust :)

Finally found a micra and picked it up last night, didn't plan on getting much time this weekend to make a start but i have had a few hours, managed to stip all bits from inside out i dont need, exhaust and heat shields off, shafts half out, engine and box dropped in one need some more time to get it out tomorrow hopefully. Few pics of car progress today, pics of bits sorted to come.

stripped inside to sell bits i dont need. thinking of keeping carpet door cards full dash etc in.

on patch that needs welding. exhaust and heat shields to be removed more to sell.....

Engine and box nearly out just a few bits to disconnect at the rear and pull loom through. bay should clean up nicely looks like oil leak has protected the bay :face:.

Sprocket and oil/grease can made by Douglas from westgarage engineering. Very well made, all to size a good tight fit and top man, very helpfull.

mx5 lsd shafts and uprights etc. will possibly need a shaft shortening as its about 5" wider than the micra track. should sit flush with arches on standard offset 13" steelys.

See less See more
#65 ·
Cheers but they weren't great at all on the red one, well welding wasn't the best time for an upload for the new one, very very tight in the bay.

Well heres a few more pics of making the engine/diff cradle. Steady progress as it all needs making and lining engine to sprocket etc.Mock up of where i'd of liked them to sit.

Few more nights should see engine in by itself.

Exhaust may need moding a bit and also front bumper will see a radiator sat right upfront due to lack of space. Good excuse to get on with the fiberglass bonnet and bumper quicker than id of thought.

#66 ·
Got the engine/diff cradle pretty much made up just a few odd bits to fully weld and a few more bars to add.

Fiberglass bumper will be made once the car is finished also bonnet scoop will be made then i think a mould took of that to do a bonnet aswell as the air filter will poke through a little. Spacers to order and mock driveshafts to make mock ups soon. Also exhaust to make and gearcable to fit.

#67 ·
Got the engine/diff cradle pretty much made up just a few odd bits to fully weld and a few more bars to add.

Fiberglass bumper will be made once the car is finished also bonnet scoop will be made then i think a mould took of that to do a bonnet aswell as the air filter will poke through a little. Spacers to order and mock driveshafts to make mock ups soon. Also exhaust to make and gearcable to fit.

#74 ·
yep, done drove it for around 200 miles. now its coming back out (well its already out). have stripped a mg zr 1.8 vvc 160bhp so ive got loads more torque, and reverse.

I must be mad.... eventually i'll make something i'm happy with wont i?

subrame and shafts etc will end up on ebay soon. will update on squezing the 1.8 in as its a bit bigger than the bay by the looks of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.