Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa B X14XE Sport

13K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  brad35 
#1 · (Edited)
Well really missed my old blue Corsa B 5 door i had completed some years ago which unfortunatley got smashed up a few days after having a C18XE fitted and passing an mot:face:

3 months before. Had just rebuilt the original X18XE that started it all off for me many years ago.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/341608-corsa-b-1-8-ecotec.html

It could of been repaired The insurance company put it as a cat C so decided to break it and get a larger car.

Then a mate of mine wanted me to do the same but he wanted the C20XE put into his.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/438526-corsa-b-c20xe.html

It was in my eyes a dream build. No expense spaired. Everything was replaced and painted.

Which leads me to this month

Always loved the sports. And a black one came up here. Adz had it up for sale and a deal was done.
So the plan was to put another 1.8 into it. Its insurance friendly and isnt to bad on fuel either.

But on the drive home i had a change of heart. I fell in love with the 90bhp 1.4 engine. It had an amazing sound and was very good on fuel.

So im going to keep it. But will be pulling it out some time in March and will be painting the engine bay, engine and gearbox. And will be changine the head gasket and a load of seals. The head gasket is on its way out but will be fine until March.

It was on a 60mm drop. Way to low for my needs, so spoke to a mate at work who also has a B with a 40mm drop and we decided to swap springs. He wanted his low and i wanted mine raised. Perfect

After swap

Another thing i like about my new car is the brake set up

Uprated to 2.0 which is uprated further by having grooves in the disc.

Ive had to fit a stereo as it didnt have one. £10 bargin ebay Clarion got that sorted.

So the body work will also be sorted with the bonnet being bad boy'd:lmao:
And semi smoothing the boot:cool:

Have started the ball rolling by ordering
alarm with boot popper
debadged grill
Gas struts for the bonnet;)

Am trying to find a cheap second hand set of rear shocks as the ones on the car are so hard.:bang:

And at some point it will be fully undersealed underneath and in the arches.

Ive seen a few of these and the car overall is in good shape. No rust at all, and is perfect base for what ive got planned for it.

Im also thinking of buying a new 40mm kit at some point.

I dont intend on this ever being a show car. But boy is it fun to drive :thumb:

See less See more
#31 ·
Well not much to report.
I have been after a set of bigger alloys for a while and managed to pick up a set of Corsa C SXI alloys for silly money
A coat of peugeot anthracite later

With the wheels being in inch bigger it really felt like it was back on standard suspension. So managed to pick up a cheap set of 60mm lowering springs

An a massive improvement on the rear of the car with the wheels being a little wider

Feels so much better on the road.

#38 ·
Well ive still got it. I normally change cars every year. I get bored normally:face:
I like this one. Have got a few more body mods planned for this year and hopefully a set of coilovers

Well finally got round to fitting a late christmas present

I may paint the bolts as im not fond of the chrome. It may grow on me

Well the car got hit while it was parked outside my work a weeks ago. Luckily the body work is fine. Just the plastics that took a beating.
Rear quarter arch trim, rear bumper and tow cover and all the clips. The police are involved as it was a hit and run. Luckily there was a witness who got all the details, The quotes to repair are £240 and £460. The higher quote including a new bumper. Just waiting on the police to catch up with her;)

Will get some pictures of the damage when the car isnt coverd in snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.