Hello all! No, I'm not dead, I've just had a mental few months. Sadly I've moved far far away from my GSI, so work on that has all but ground to a halt. My daily driver now belongs to Paul as it ran out of MOT, and I've replaced it with this monster (apologies for the night photography, it's the first chance I've had to take photos of it):
It's a Frontera A, LWB. 2.4 CIH engine delivering a whopping 7bhp (or so it feels like).
So far I've adjusted the clutch as the pedal was almost touching the floor (easy to adjust, just loosen the lock nut, turn the shaft and re-tighten the nut), sealed up the exhaust and fixed the headlight washers.
It's awesome fun to drive, and hopefully this Friday should see it with a fixed CV gator, some decent spotlights and a good clean.
A lot of these fixes wouldn't have been possible without my project manager, who helps me stay alert by tripping me up, chewing on things made of plastic and licking my hands.