Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Full engine rebuild - LET Calibra 4x4

20K views 143 replies 22 participants last post by  c20letian 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys just thought id put up some pics of my car and what in doing to it...

im hoping to get the engine out soon and give it the star treatment." align="left" hspace="6" vspace="3">

See less See more
#93 ·
not a bad price really mate saying that it includes arps too.

its abit of a gamble with ebay turbo's but i think itll be fine untill i do get a real garret.

not easier to get it blasted mate ? its only small wont cost much.

Iv sand blasted a few of my ally engine parts @ work with good results.

#94 ·
yeah thats what i really need to do. my dad has a grit blaster, ill take the manifold there this weekend but the plug cover i want to polish so i covered it in paint stripper yesterday.

#98 ·
lol no thats the finished pickup apart from the bracket. there isnt any leaks and the welds are strong and it doesnt touch anything. the mushroom looking thing is about 1/2" from the bottom of the sump.

#99 ·
I would deffinalty not be using this, this will starve your engine of oil and your be in rebuild no 2. Sorry to piss on your fire but I really wouldn't mess around with pickup pipes, specially when it come to modifying them. Contact steveboyslim for one, for the price he charges they are well worth it..

#108 ·
just a little update im between jobs at the mo and am waiting for my new shifts to be arranged. so untill my next payday im not doing anything other then silly little things

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.