Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

novavan re-shell redtop T45s

19K views 149 replies 43 participants last post by  TigraTurbo 
#1 ·
with buying a house and thing's my nova has been sat in the garage for about 3 years waiting for me to get some time to sort it out!
but now with getting married next year i've been told that its going to be my wedding car so with that kick in the ass i've got the love back for the old girl and started work on her

how she used to look

it was running a nova sport engine with 143-144 real sport carb's loved the sound but want some more power so going for a red top with twin 45 this time around

arter a good poke around the van to seam's to be rotting from the inside out the arch's and engine bay are fine but from inside the legs are going likes its not been coated right when it was made i've had it 6-7 years and alway been paited or under sealed but once the rot is in its in!!!:(
so the hunt was on

out with the old in with the new:beer:

See less See more
#5 ·
work from the last few week's now spent all the time trying to get the shell ready for paint, but this weekend i have a wedding to go to and pvs the week after so only a few nights a week :(

the red paint is red oxide the gray is zinic based paint don't want the same happen to this one!:mad:

stripped everything off it and needed a way to move it so made a dollylmao

now with the old nova looking sorry for its self needed somewhere to keep bits and with two garage's full only one more placelmaolmao P.S the misses was out when i moved thing's up ha she'll never know

#9 ·
I was gutted when you took it off the road but it will be epic once its back and you have to take me out in it Grant :beer:

Going to keep a eye on this as always! Well catch up at billing no doubt ;)

#14 ·
right had some time to put some pic on my lap top

as its going to be a van again there will be no back seat so time to remove some bits

my mk1 boot welded all holes up

and the start of the prep for that
:beer:

also kicked the car out the for a few hours to get the cleaners in lmaolmao

#16 ·
few more pic's a sad day took the grinder to the old novavan and cut the panel's out!!:(

could of cryed!! after many hour's work got my boot lid like this!! all welded up ans smoothed:cool:

also got some stone chip for the air gun got some of the lad's coming next weeked to turn it on it's side so i can do the floor( but thats next weekend cause of pvs friday:beer:)

#19 ·
around the van panels are about 40 to 50 spot welds my hands where killing after doing the two!!!:(

i marked where the van panel sat and drilled the window lip to match i put panel seal in and clamped them down then set about welding!!:cool:

the shell was looking sorry for its self so thought i'd give it a smile

when i stood back and looked at this it made me smile too now it a van !!!!!!:)

a few hours later and a new reel of wire! both side's are now in. now it dent finding time

#20 ·
right them chap with santa pod out the way and my mate doing well in the ten of the best shoot out back to the real world and a few weekends before billing it was time to sort the floor pan as the painter is booked so have to get a move on i striped the floor with a wire brush and nitromors, red oxide became my best friend!!lmao and with a old matress this is my new bed!!!!

with thiss looing good the next plan was to stone chip it and prime it!!!!!!! only to find out the hard way that stone chip and red oxide don't get on so reacted:doh::doh:

#24 ·
yeah i remember you msg'ing me about them mate. your right being differant i was thinking of changing the colour to red lol????? you going to billing this yaer i'll come say hello, be speaking to kev mk3 cause i'm going to join mig web club to show next year!

#25 ·
Yep, going to billing (not taking a car tho, going with my cousin) Nice one, ah kev, watch that dodgey wannabe scouser, "scallywag" lmao.
Red = YES! (although what about power red? (as seen on the 2007 on astra vxr's, is a much "deeper" colour - lovely!!)

I always thought the rear pannels were bonded in? What makes them watertight of there just spot welded?

#26 ·
Ive known Grant for years so he knows me well Gary lmao as for red id go for power red aswell as they changed something in the paint to stop it fading like flame red etc

#29 ·
right then after a ace weekend in billing and the drive home to day i've got some new pick's of my nova after reminding my self how much i've got to do in 10 months nice to talk to a few of you down there and i'm going to join the mig family too:p:beer: so here we go
after the problem with the red oxide this is what i've got done

two days three wire brush heads a bottle of nitromours!!!!!lmao

and now it has paint!¬!!!!!:nod:

and now with stone chip only two week after i'd planned and late for the painter:doh:

with that done i was getting fecked off with dust in the seams inside the car to so out with the seam sealer:beer:

hope you like

#32 ·
Glad you now joined and your plans (meaning wedding) are going to be brilliant. Good to catch up at billing and if i can help in anyway just shout mate ;)

#37 ·
right then chap's this week was a good one with a few job done ;)

i've got a disc rear beam but to get the nova on the road i'm going to put my old one on to get a mot then start playing with the disc beam later so was down and my mum and dad's and she was jet washing the decking so just dropped it back there and knew it would take long for the old girl to have a go!!!!lmao
lmao
so striped it down to give it a paint

one night i cut back the rear arch's and primed the inner archs

:D

so the night after i stopped off at the paint shop and picked the paint up!!!! as white as white get's i picked no added colour just bright white!! so one night was spant spraying!

:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.