Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

novavan re-shell redtop T45s

19K views 149 replies 43 participants last post by  TigraTurbo 
#1 ·
with buying a house and thing's my nova has been sat in the garage for about 3 years waiting for me to get some time to sort it out!
but now with getting married next year i've been told that its going to be my wedding car so with that kick in the ass i've got the love back for the old girl and started work on her

how she used to look

it was running a nova sport engine with 143-144 real sport carb's loved the sound but want some more power so going for a red top with twin 45 this time around

arter a good poke around the van to seam's to be rotting from the inside out the arch's and engine bay are fine but from inside the legs are going likes its not been coated right when it was made i've had it 6-7 years and alway been paited or under sealed but once the rot is in its in!!!:(
so the hunt was on

out with the old in with the new:beer:

See less See more
#125 ·
great thread, just reading it from the beginning. the lump looks very tidy in there, not much room between the throttle bodies and bulkhead though! good work though, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at billing etc

#126 ·
Thanks chaps had to work fast as I'm running out of time till the wedding weeks are coming and going fast next weekend is a 12 till12 all dayer in Liverpool for one stag do and the weekend after is three nights in magaluf so going to be messy! Hopefully wheels and bumpers and running this week and not saturday morning before the piss up!

Again lads Thanks for the comments I'll get more up this week

#128 ·
you insult me TEA:grr:???? fosters all day long!! :lmao:lol
cheers pal,

but its back together and running:thumb: smoked of a good 20 minutes then cleared but did use alot of build oil when doing it, plus picked up the bumpers and wheels on thursday and the job on them is perfect! look like new will get some picks up when i get time:(

#130 ·
well the last few weeks have been a little mad to say the least so i'll let the pics do the talking!:face:

with the nova in bits thought id clean some over spray off some bits

and then a phone call i'd been waiting for :) my wheels and bumpers where ready

then a few days later was my stag do to magaluf here's a few pic's, alot of which i can't put up lol

messy weekend but we all loved it!
then back to life and the wedding count down

and a plus side a MOT and insured!!!

#131 ·
and with my wedding car ready came the big dayand just happened to fall on the weekend of the heat wave!!:cool:

and my trusted steed got me there!

me and my WIFE:D

my wife had this made for us of me, her, nova and the dog!!:lmao:

the best day of my life and this was about 3 am after a few beers and a top night

#133 ·
the next day

since then we've had a honeymoon then PVS and i couldn't get her on the rollers before so left it at home for that,

so she's back on and a good 149 bhp at the wheels so a 170-175 bhp that will do for now:thumb:

and now she getting used as she should !

#140 ·
count down to billing is on and to add to the jobs on the nova ive gone and bought a vectra super touring that the wife will be driving down to billing for me!!!!

just been doing little jobs on the nova

tomorrow is going to be a mad day of cleaning the two!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.