Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

novavan re-shell redtop T45s

19K views 149 replies 43 participants last post by  TigraTurbo 
#1 ·
with buying a house and thing's my nova has been sat in the garage for about 3 years waiting for me to get some time to sort it out!
but now with getting married next year i've been told that its going to be my wedding car so with that kick in the ass i've got the love back for the old girl and started work on her

how she used to look

it was running a nova sport engine with 143-144 real sport carb's loved the sound but want some more power so going for a red top with twin 45 this time around

arter a good poke around the van to seam's to be rotting from the inside out the arch's and engine bay are fine but from inside the legs are going likes its not been coated right when it was made i've had it 6-7 years and alway been paited or under sealed but once the rot is in its in!!!:(
so the hunt was on

out with the old in with the new:beer:

See less See more
#71 ·
thank's your comment's lad's glad you like it helps keeping me going:nod: got a few little bit's done got the rear brake line's off the old nova looked good just covered in underseal which is now all over my landy's seatslmao got some wheel to put the nova on.

was really hoping to keep the steel(green) brake line's the front lines are line new cleaned them up with thinner's also did the back one's to start with but the soon ended with finding a few rotton place's gutted :( so can't have two steel and two copper so my next big job when i get back is four new copper brake lines :confused:

me being me and having to much to do in work forgot to bring the 90 degree drill home:doh:
didn't want to waste last night ....... with a make shift centre pop ( shapened 12mm bolt ) i popped the bottom plate and drilled the panel from underneth a 4mm drill and prayedlol.

looking good so in with the 12mm

#72 ·
so with last night being my last night for over a week i had to go out on a high:) so for the first time properly got nova down and rolling on 4 wheel's (tear to the eye its been so long) lol:nod:

so with so bits lying around i got carried away i put some on

this give me a smile soooooooo why stop lmao

putting the door's on, on my own near killed me lol. but to stand back and see a little bit of the old nova in it and now knowing its the new nova and i've had a good go at doing right just want's me to do more, shame i plan on putting it on the track now and using it,
but now she sit wait to go for paint and i'm off to drink beer for a week:beer:

#74 ·
hello ..... everyone love's an update and today's up date is this i'm a broken man i've not stopped the last few weeks between the nova and work i'm feckedlmao, but i've just sat down with a beer cause i've just dropped the nova off at the painter's :) so a night off till saturday till i start on the engine!

so this is the last two week's work,,,, hope you like:beer:
it started with a trip to see my mate and usher at my wedding (which i keep getting told well so be herelmao:beer: )
he is also part owner of Wrexham motoring, so popped down down his shop to get some bit's..... but this came with the same answer as i get every time i go ..... YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS DO IT YOUR SELF. so this is what i got:beer:

i made a full set of brake line's, with the back brake line's i made the end's up and bent and taped the new to old as i went

just got to fit them now, stopped of at the old nova to. got some bit's off to clean

so after a chat with the lad thats going to paint it he said he could fit it in tomorrow so the race was on to get it ready:( so the misses has not seen me, the last tonight's have been late one's as i said i'd do all the prep wok on the shell

rear of the shell was sorted so moving forward door's wing's and bonnet after abit of flating

this is what i found...... some time in it's live someones had a grinder/sander to it:doh:

after a few hours it got to this, just a few dents to sort

another bit that needed some work was the top of the boot lid one of the job's that you never do
so this ran in to last night got back to work on the bonnet and got it to this

and other bits which soon seen me working and flatting in to last night:nod:

last thing last night had to swop one of the wheel's as the tyre was flat so got some underneth pic's hoping not to get to much over spray on to,

so on to tonight........ she's off to get painted:cool::cool::cool::cool::):):) so thanks my mate darcy (his rat look kaddet was in 'ten of the best' this year)came to help move her

nova no the move

hope you like:beer:

#82 ·
been a while a few pic's to get you up to date:cool:

back from paint looking good

boot, bonnet and door's where still getting painted so wanted to crack on so head lining was next armed with some spray glue and a hour this is how it came out, was surprised how well it came out too been in a box for a long time.

found the box with door rubber's and lights in so next

also some new door pin's borrowed from vauxhall e-port when my mate was working therelmao

#84 ·
i'm so in love with th boot lid:eek:

the seats and brake line fuel lines are back on/in the car the last part i'm going to fit is the engine as, as it is i can push it out the garage on my own so trying to do as much as poss before then

evan fitted my fuel pump,

next i need my bumpers and maybe the wheel's painting don't know what to do with them keep them white or paint them the same as the bumpers??????:confused::confused:

so this i how the old girl sat on saturday :nod::beer::) can't wait to get it out now lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.