Craig's XE track Nova
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's XE track Nova

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    wife around the

Re: Craig's Bike Carbed Nova, Now 20XE on 45s

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    Oh, was that you in the blue coupe? 3:00 session? (you wouldnt have caught me if i wasnt backing off at the end of the straight )

What did you think of the blue e36 coupe. He was a prick and even hit me up the ass. Thats why i nailed it past you both out of quarry on the slowing down lap

Not sure what rear springs im on. Il have to have a look, why you ask?
    yeh that was me

did not notice the e36 tbh ? the green one earlier on in the day was a twat

rear springs because it looks VERY hard sprung on the rear was moving around alot

and i might have caught you if i was not running out of fuel LOL thats why when i come past you it spat massive flames it was out of fuel lol, if that dont work maybe then fingers crossed next time ill have more power, its standard atm bar a miltek exhaust
    ''THE REAL ROB''

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

Central Regional Coordinator Johnny A's Avatar
    Drives
    347bhp Camo Carlton

Vauxhall Carlton estate - Z20LET, Greddy TD06-20G turbo, 347bhp
    Billing 2011 Special needs award and 2013 'best polished forhead' winner

Drives
    Van

^^^ ^^^

This refers to a rather special recovery, where we span, but kept it pinned in 3rd, going down the track backwards but on full throttle, smoke belowing from the tyres and managed to spin it back round 180deg and keep driving.

Highlight of the day..... By far.
    Last edited by Craig-S; 28-04-2012 at 20:32.

Drives
    347bhp Camo Carlton

Did you hear what I said when you did that?

[Topgun]Good recovery mav[/Topgun]

Drives
    Van

Quote Originally Posted by sbd16vastra View Post
    yeh that was me

and i might have caught you if i was not running out of fuel LOL thats why when i come past you it spat massive flames it was out of fuel lol, if that dont work maybe then fingers crossed next time ill have more power, its standard atm bar a miltek exhaust
    Fairplay your's was well driven, I noticed the flames on the rear straight, Also a little smokey on gear changes. Il take my springs off this week and see what they are sprung for. I have re-sprung the front, but to be honest left the rears how i got them and only ever adjust the dampening.

E36 might have been green, im colour blind.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    wife around the

Fairplay your's was well driven, I noticed the flames on the rear straight, Also a little smokey on gear changes. Il take my springs off this week and see what they are sprung for. I have re-sprung the front, but to be honest left the rears how i got them and only ever adjust the dampening.

E36 might have been green, im colour blind.

the guy in the green one was a knob, in the first session he was just ''trying'' to drift everywere and then would not let me past down down any straighs as because he was being a knob in the corners i had to leave big gaps incase he lost it so then when i got on the power he had a massive jump on me, in the end i stuck it up the outside going over avon park rise when he started to brake LOL

smokey on gear changes hummm that dont sound good :S engines done 60k and the turbo is a 10k mile old vxr one and has been driven quite gently was a completly standard car before my dad got it and he dont drive it hard either.
    ''THE REAL ROB''

Drives
    347bhp Camo Carlton

it was a dark navy blue guys lol

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    wife around the

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny A View Post
    it was a dark navy blue guys lol

oh well guy in the green one was a c*** LOL
    ''THE REAL ROB''

Drives
    No longer The Pheonix

Awesome fun today dude, thank you. I love how you just nail it every where without a seeming car in the world. You were like,' christ its wet out here, like driving on ice'. I look down at the speedo only to see it reaching 90 with a corner rapidly approaching thinking, well, he cant be that sodding bothered lmao.

Please ensure all event queries are sent to me and i wil reply in due course.....Thank you

Drives
    Van

The cage and harnesses are not there for show!

Did find this rather shocking video of a crash at Camp though

Castle Combe: Simon Norris Evo 6 RS crash - YouTube
    Last edited by Craig-S; 14-05-2012 at 08:26.

Drives
    No longer The Pheonix

Don't talk to me about harnesses

Please ensure all event queries are sent to me and i wil reply in due course.....Thank you

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    wife around the

The cage and harnesses are not there for show!

Did find this rather shocking video of a crash at Tower though

Castle Combe: Simon Norris Evo 6 RS crash - YouTube
    that video does NOT show the gravity of that crash

Simon Norris Crash Castle Combe - YouTube
    ''THE REAL ROB''

Drives
    Van

Yeah it does look like it was over in a flash from the first video. Never realised he nearly cleared the barrier!

Spent today re-furbing wheels. Or should i say that was the plan. Im a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to wheels so only actually got 1 and a half done.

Been meaning to do them for ages as they are all in a bad way, so cracked on. The main problem with them is i had to weld the wheel nuts off so splatter has burned the inner bowls

And of course the fact they are a hideous colour

So anyway i gave them a good rub down and started prepping them. This one actually had to be bare metal'd with a scoth wheel as it had came off an autograss racer and the thick powder coating was completely battered, Never got a pic of it before though which is a shame.

But 2 coats of Zinc and a coat or 2 of high build and it was looking sort of ok.

So that got flatted off, ready for a thin coat of silver

And so on

Flatted the silver off between coats

But then once the 3rd coat was on decided i didnt like it so went to work with the filler sorting out all of the little dings. (of which there were a lot of)

Shame i dont have a pic of it after i rubbed the filler down, it looked like a pacthwork quilt, But all for a good cause as i would have never been happy with this one otherwise

Finished the colour with 3 coats of rattle can (although by my own admission i am very good with a rattle can)

And called it a day there as that alone took 6 hours on and off. Quite soul destroying really as it's just 1 down...... 7 to go.

I really want to do the 16's, as i have had them for years and never used them, but decided to do the 15's first as they are more usable to me. 16's will never see a track, but the 15's are so versatile for all, show, road and track. In my opinion the 16's are purely show wheels.

After fishing them out for the photo i found these hiding behind them..... Havent actually seen them since i bought them a year ago,

So though id make sure the wheels all clear them.

First off was the 15" comps. I was expecting them to fit by miles, But f#ck me its close!

Forgot to check the 16's, but i doubt they will be a problem. If so it will only be the spokes, and with them being et49 they can still be spaced a little

But then i had some of the worst news i have had in a long time.........

Not even close to fitting with the OZ's. Its a real shame as they are my favorite wheel, And it means only one thing...... The brakes have to go.

So im on the lookout for a 280mm wilwood setup now.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra/nova

fancy donating me a set of wheels lol
    http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/374395-my-wide-arched-f-g-panelled-msa-log-booked-track-nova.html

Drives
    Most days

Not thought about powder coating the wheels? Place near me does them for 20 a wheel.

Eastern Regional Coordinator Spinbitch's Avatar
    Drives
    MK3 Astra & Dis

Top work on the wheel re-furb mate, I've got a set of PH2 Vectra GSi wheels that I've had shot blasted and I want to re-furb them myself but had no idea where to start. This will defently help me. What paint, primer and filler products did you use?
    MIGClub 2014 Events - Please click HERE for more information.

Welcome to MIG Performance Vauxhalls please follow the rules and enjoy our site or don't follow the rules and don't use the site :)

Drives
    Van

Quote Originally Posted by calibra-keith View Post
    fancy donating me a set of wheels lol
    Maybe..... Fancy donating me some fiberglass doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Not thought about powder coating the wheels? Place near me does them for 20 a wheel.

I thought about it. theres a guy here who does them also for 20 a wheel. But a friend recently had his bmw wheels done and they look shocking. All pitted from the shot blaster and the powder coating is a horrible dull grey colour, (meant to be silver). A friend just had lepsons do his integra wheels and they look ace. But cost 50 per wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinbitch View Post
    Top work on the wheel re-furb mate, I've got a set of PH2 Vectra GSi wheels that I've had shot blasted and I want to re-furb them myself but had no idea where to start. This will defently help me. What paint, primer and filler products did you use?
    I used Zinc 182 for the bare metal, Then Upol high 5 as a high build primer, and just some cheap simoniz matt black as guide coat when flatting off.

The filler is isopen and i have always used it. Nice and easy to sand.

The one i did today in silver still need laquering, BUt im in two minds as it looks good as it is and i dont want to potentially ruin it.

GSi wheels should be an easy refurb to be honest, lots of space to work and no difficult spraying angles. Just like the MO's

Eastern Regional Coordinator Spinbitch's Avatar
    Drives
    MK3 Astra & Dis

Cheers mate, I'll have a look out for those items and order some up.
    I'd say leave them as they are, finish looks fantastic.
    I'm hoping they will turn out well as they are an easy design to paint. After that want to do my new MO 17's I got for the Astra last month.
    MIGClub 2014 Events - Please click HERE for more information.

Welcome to MIG Performance Vauxhalls please follow the rules and enjoy our site or don't follow the rules and don't use the site :)

MIG Regions Admin / South Central Regional Coordinator Benn's Avatar
    Drives
    Shiney C20let Nova

Wheels look great, you dont need to flat off the paint between coats tho (unless there is a prob) id have lacquered them tho.

You need to fit them brakes tho, they look awesome.

I dare any of you to tell me you wouldn't let this upstanding young citizen slob on your knob like corn on the cob.

Drives
    Van

Thanks. To be honest there was something i wanted to fix after every coat, so instead of sanding just the areas that needed attention i did the whole face with 1500.

If you look at the picture with the calliper under the MO, you will see a small scratch on the wheel rim, above and to the left of the valve opening........ This scratch is now gone too, Despite the wheel actually being finished in the picture.

Your right though Benn, They do need a deep laquer. I finished at 6pm and nowhere was open. But will do it, then store them 1 by 1 under the bed as they get finished

Drives
    Van

Spent all day today deciding wether or not to laquer the one wheel i had finished. It did look good, But couldnt help think a glossy finish would look better.

So on the way home i bought a rattle can and went straight out to the shed.

Its deadly! So easy to spray too much on, but i managed to stop myself and after 2 heavy coats got a lovely finish on it with no runs.

Il let the pics do the talking.

Waited for it to go tacky and nevously carried it inside so it can dry at room temperature in the bedroom. The Flat now stinks of laquer and i daren't even walk near it...... But you have to agree, it does look good.

Its amazing what you can do with a rattle can if you have the patience.

MIG Regions Admin / South Central Regional Coordinator Benn's Avatar
    Drives
    Shiney C20let Nova

Very nice, now get the rest done!

I dare any of you to tell me you wouldn't let this upstanding young citizen slob on your knob like corn on the cob.

Drives
    347bhp Camo Carlton

Shiny!

Drives
    Van

They are shiney'er than that now! I have flatted the laquer off, then given them a G3 and a polish. Im on the third one now, which is in primer.

Only thing is it has suddenly dawned on me that there are only 3 working days left until pv and i only have 2 tyres..... So im going to have to have a cross country trip to get some 888's in person, then finish the wheels and get them all fitted and balanced up for PVS

Would be nice to get the 4 pots on too, but i doubt that will happen

Drives
    Van

Bit of an update. After a week with a bad back i decided not to take the Nova to PVS, but after a good morning today and the nice weather changed my mind and rolled it out of the unit to blow the dust off. Ended up giving it a thorough clean as it was still complete with the mud up the side from castle combe's infield, and then bought it home, filling the tank with V-power on the way.

Thats where the fun began. Got out and locked it up, only to notice a massive fuel leak. So quickly jacked it up to put the fuel on the other side of the tank, and found the breather in a really bad way and split. Took a while, and was quite fiddly, but managed to bodge it good enough for tomorrow. Loaded it up with a basic tool kit, oil rags, cable ties etc and im hoping to get off around 6am.

Always a last minute rush job, but thats the fun. Im a little concerned about a constant oil drip, but hopefully no-one will notice and il get some times in.

Looks dwarfed between the vans, but theres some theiving little c###s around here so trying to hide it from the view of the main road as best i can.

Last edited by Craig-S; 09-06-2012 at 18:31.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast