Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Cally Turbo, I just had to take it home

12K views 98 replies 39 participants last post by  vxlgsi 
#1 ·
After buzzing around in an N reg cally turbo whilst i sorted out afew running issues before i ripped out its heart to make a corsa gsi go too fast, i took a shine the idea of having one again one day!, Not a late spec though, had to be an early one with the "right" rims and steering wheel lmao

I spotted this about 4-5 pages back on this forum for sale and thought "I have room for that on my drive"

So headed over to have a look and after a tootle round southampton i had to bring it home!

I then buggered off on holiday for a while, i got back and was itching to clean it and see whats what and get the new car cover on it whilst i start collecting bits and bobs for it.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

this is it after a wash and shammy, so she should shine after a good polish!

I know callys have a rep for being abit boaty, but this thing has had some seriouse love and the ride was so firm i couldnt believe it... Its all standard with full vaux history and the guy had owned it from 1993. Appart form a leaky sump gasket and the tracking being abit out i couldnt fault the drive home.... the interior is MINT and it felt like id just driven it off the fourcourt in 1992.

Not to everyone's taste but im getting old and standard is the new modified!lmao

See less See more
#39 ·
So work has begun on the calibra at last.

Air filter swapped

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 majorly knackered rotor arm

and 1 majorly knackered distributor cap

And some very tired GM plugs, so atleast thats the random missfire that i had when i drove it home fixed!

#40 ·
Wheels off for a clean

ready for these to be fitted

started on the tail pipe.

also carried out my usual quick fix.

Pop you gear gator up and push the clip to the left to undo it

then pull the clip/pin towards the back of the car to release the gearstick.

then replace the black rubber bush (50p from vaux)

then lube up with silicone grease (must be silicone grease)

and refit for a nice non sloppy gear change

#42 ·
So due to lack of free time ive shipped the cally off to a mate to get some work done.

I opted to trailer it over as the water pump sounded abit fecked so i thought its best not to risk a 40 min drive. I soon found id been quite lucky, My friend rang and said it was good I hadnt driven it as the cambelt was so loose id be lucky to get a mile down the road. He was quite shocked when i told him it took 2.5 hours to drive it home and i streached its legs afew times. :whistle:

#45 ·
Been playing with the calli all day and noticed that the front grill had no holes on it for air to pass through, i removed it so i could put some in only to find the back of the grill is removable!

Wonder if this was added or removed for different climates?

New header tank tank fitted, gauges fitted, pressure sender fitted, new brake pad sensor.

#46 ·

washed ready for stonechip repair and some super resin action.

so i spent a little time tidying up the engine bay, bit of a clean here and there and a new header tank, not exactly inpressive but im happy with it as its no show car.

Would really like a battery jacket and a new washerbottle now though finding one wont be easy maybe ill find some bits at billing!

Cant get the awfull staining off the suspension turrets which is annoying!

#52 ·
Wow, stunning example, proper timewarp

Hope it stays in one piece rather than murdered for a corsa to get a new engine, there are just so few left now in that sort of condition that it really would be a crime!

#59 ·
Hope it stays in one piece rather than murdered for a corsa to get a new engine, there are just so few left now in that sort of condition that it really would be a crime!
Perhaps it is just me but I could never see the appeal in that, the same with people buying mk 2 GTEs just for an XE lump, the last thing the world needs is another c20xe/let pimped corsa.
Personally I think both the calibra and mk2 Astra look far better but then I would say that given that's what I own, no bias at all, honest...

#53 ·
only reason i bought it Chip, wanted to save it from an early death.. pulled the tax disk holder off the other day and the phone number started 07 instead of 017 lol

#63 ·
It will have switchable EDS phase 1, but thats all. If the TXB fails ill probably lock it, and if the clutch fails it will get a new uprated clutch and lightweight flywheel protoype ive got lined up. Its still on its origonal turbo and clutch but fingers crossed they will be ok with phase 1, i dont hammer my cars + it wont get used much.

Whatever it needs it will get.

It does have a stainless exhaust fitted by the old boy that owned it, its a tidy system and very quiet so im making a stainless steel replica OE rear box for it to get it looking stock again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.