Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

astra 1.4 road rally car

20K views 89 replies 11 participants last post by  vauxhall222 
#1 ·
just thought id start one of these, the car started as a 1.4 accident damaged astra. the shell is very clean and the damage was just a slam panel and light and bonnet. cant realy complain as the car was free and so was the doner car, the doner car was an l reg astra gsi with no enjine, the plan is to take all the gsi bits ( panels etc }to use on the 1.4 and then use it for local road rallies. the plan will be as follows

repair damage( fit slam panel)
fit gsi kit
fit uprated suspension
repaint panels that need it
new seats
3 point harnesses
half or full roll cage
spotlights
full exhaust system
mudflaps
oil light in centre console
push button start
vertical hydraulic hand brake
bias valve

that will be it for now, then as soon as the car is motd il start on the enjine when funds allow as this is on a seriously tight budget

See less See more
#85 ·
cheers mate, its not looking too bad, going to give it a tidy up the weekend as there is still a few bits im not happy with, then next weekend il be making a start on the roll cage and seats,

#87 ·
well this weekends plans are that im going to make all the mounting plates for the cage with all the captive nuts welded in place, and give the astra a much needed clean to get rid of all the dust from being in the garage for a few months, also need to trace a vibration when i drive the car, think its an enjine mount so i will have a dig around and see whats what

#88 ·
had a look today what the vibration was and think i found it, my new manifold is short on space between the master cylinder so i think its hitting when i drive it so tomorrow i will be taking it off and modifying it to give me a bit of clearence, should be sorted tomorrow i hope

#89 ·
the last few days ive been quite busy on the car, i had to remove the inlet as it was causing the vibration so ive fitted the standard manifold for now, its running ok but i have a flatspot when you hit the throttle but its nothing major, the new cage is almost in , so the weekend it should be in and the interior put back in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.