Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa Booster

153K views 1K replies 100 participants last post by  dewismotorsport 
#1 ·
havent ever done a project thread on here before. mostly just read and not post up.

anyway i have had this car for quite a few years now. since about 2005 it has been a c20let. i will post up sort of the last couple of years updates in one.

used to have 200sx manifold and a cheap and cheerful ebay turbo which was alright indeed for the money. it lasted about 5-6k miles.

randomly one day just snapped the end off the shaft while driving home from tesco's so decided it was time to change some stuff around.

inlet to be replaced with some of these

and a new turbo manifold from nortech.

See less See more
#108 ·
Re: corsa booster

doing in car bias valve at some point. in the snow on way home it was locking the front up first still. although rears will need bedded in no doubts. bias valve is next months opperation on the car.

#109 ·

Cool, looks like a proper show car now, give it a polish and park it up.;)

It's a bugger only being able to do a few thing a month, I've got to save up for a whole car at the moment.:(

#110 ·

ive just spent my entire car fund on some wheels for my vectra. ive almost done about as much as i can be bothered with on the corsa. minor things in the future i guess. i dont think i could ever afford to save up to do big things on cars again. good luck with it lol

#114 ·

cheers mate

update, non corsa related though. this time for my other car, which is a std vectra phase 2 gsi.

when i bought it, it had those bk racing wheels on. been like that for over 2 years. finally time for a wheel change.

lovely stuff

#117 ·

kinda the only thing thats happened lately is needing new brakes on the front of the vectra.

got another gearbox for the corsa as the current one struggles to find 2nd gear unless at low revs, crunches into 3rd and sometimes wont go into 5th. also whines a lot.

as for non-vauxhall stuff, me and a mate went halfers on a porsche 928 which we plan to tidy up, mot then put up for sale. its a 5litre v8 s4 and runs very nicely. going to go through the list of jobs that need doing. some are common electrical issues etc etc and some paintwork to tidy up.

#121 ·

yep. thats correct.

YouTube - porsche 928 s4 5.0 v8 clip 2

YouTube - Porsche 928 s4 5.0 v8 clip 3

it does have a blowing exhaust. think its just the gasket on the downpipe to centre section on one bank though as thats where it seems to be coming from. the wheels and porsche brembo's are worth more than the car cost tbh.

weekend plans are to lower the vectra about 40mm on saturday. and perhaps start the corsa up on sunday for the first time in a while. its been neglected lately. lost interest if i am honest. got plans. got no cash. always the way.

#122 ·

got some lowering springs for the vectra, so set about it on a saturday evening.

before

springs in

after

rears in

job done. will wash and rinse the cumbrian month of muck off it tomorrow and take some daytime cleaner pics tomorrow. looks quite a bit better id say. doesnt catch either which is a bonus.

#130 ·

another part for the corsa. going to give it to jdm to make a baffle for it. need to sort out steering rack. hopefully trusty friend jimbo has a spare quick rack i can purchase off him, then can set about changing gearbox, rack, larger intercooler and pipework, and making baffled sump in the not too distant future.

would like to get some more track days booked up maybe in may, so got a few months to get plod along with the car anyway.

#134 ·

had the corsa out yesterday for the first time since december. had to go to work and get a new battery as the one on it had expired. then today washed both the cars as its a sunday thing to do before the football was on.

work for the day consisted of removing the saxo power steering pump etc. cant quite reach down to the rack to remove the pipes from it so had to leave them where they are for now. just moved them out the way.

selection of parts i was going to fit yesterday but had a few problems. first off, euro car parts have given me the wrong bottom arms. theyre for a later spec corsa as the bolt holes for ball joint are further apart than the ones on mine. typically ive pressed the bushes out so thats money down the drain. also the track rod ends from compbrake seem loose on the threads of the new drum sticks? correct thread etc and screw on fine. just seem to wobble as if the depth of the threads are at the opposite ends of the tollerances on both items. guess i shall have to ring up compbrake tomorrow and enquire whats going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.