Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa Booster

153K views 1K replies 100 participants last post by  dewismotorsport 
#1 ·
havent ever done a project thread on here before. mostly just read and not post up.

anyway i have had this car for quite a few years now. since about 2005 it has been a c20let. i will post up sort of the last couple of years updates in one.

used to have 200sx manifold and a cheap and cheerful ebay turbo which was alright indeed for the money. it lasted about 5-6k miles.

randomly one day just snapped the end off the shaft while driving home from tesco's so decided it was time to change some stuff around.

inlet to be replaced with some of these

and a new turbo manifold from nortech.

See less See more
#85 ·
Re: corsa booster

kinda does my head in a bit when just driving about on the roads. i actually quite like the quiet sound it has now. if it costs it a fair bit of power will have to revert back. as a road car, its a lot better now though.

#87 ·

weight saving thanks to driving through 3 quite long and deep flooded parts of country roads. great stuff. ****in **** weather.

that was once a release bearing

that clutch has had a hard life. worked out its lasted about 8k miles

spanker

wrote some names in reverse order of importance on the gearbox. its an "in crowd" thing. hellafeltpen style.

stopped for some food

johnny modifed the gearbox oil drainer bung as it was fecked.

car back together and works again.

nice indeed.

#88 ·

went for a day out at oulton park for a track day today. it was a great laugh. car seemed to manage to do what the internet rumours tell you isnt possible and actually make it round the corner things, and manage them quite well in all honesty.

some pics

the benches outside the signing on place looked posh

slick and ireland approved of the track

the relevant information was stuck to the corsa. yellow and black cross for being a complete novice was applied.

kurt was up to something

it was applying the novice cross.

tom g didnt really approve of the location

slick took his camp hand for a drive

first casualty of the day. had been melting on the turbo manifold. awesome. re taped and located away from manifold. job done.

tom g came out for a passenger run

had some amazing lunch. costly, but was tasty.

kurt arrived back with a bung

changed the tyres on the corsa

phone took a picture of something that im not quite sure of

ians puma

my car coming off the track

someone called whittie approved of a sticker

and also approved of another one. not actually sure who stuck them on the car. im going to say it was doug.

gutted for mike b, hope he gets it sorted, or gets a car sorted soon.

double rainbow. true story.

car performed quite well for the day. the brakes were getting a bit hot. if anything id say it needs much much bigger ones. had a few 140+ bits on the track. most laps over 130 on the starting striaght.

really good day out. sod building another car. just make this one better. it really can, contrary to popular internet rumours, go round corners.

pleasure to meet the people i did today as well. its great when people are all friendly. well, apart from steve who i thought was going to self harm at any moment.

rubbish video clip collection from when i was stood about

YouTube - oulton park 6/11/10

YouTube - oulton park drifting 6/11/10

some of the drift track

#90 ·

its been quite a good week for the car really. well apart from losing the sideskirts to a foot deep flood i had to drive through.

seems to manage the corners quite well. i didnt find its breaking point. pushed it relatiely hard and it never let go. ease throttle in out the corner and it doesnt understeer then foot down once on the straighter bits.

was off the clock on a few places yesterday which only becomes an issue when you have to slow down. might try knockhill next.

#95 ·

some spares and some supplies courtesy of everyones favourite motorsport shop halfords

theyre not show and shine finish. but theyre ok

match aint too far off for cans really.

drums had been getting quite warm on track day as it had burnt all the high temp paint off

scrap yard beam to commence rear disc conversion

plates and rear beam poly bushes. just waiting on rear disc hubs to come in the post then will get on with the job.

#96 ·

hia mate did you have any problems when fitting your alloy engine mounts i bought a set for mine an they have been a nightmare
nice car also an a good thread i was at oulton the week before you wer really good track an i agree with you on making a big powered fwd car go round a track i was amazed howwell it went

#97 ·

just the front gearbox one had to cut a bit out of chasis leg bit to get the bolt to go through. driver side one was a pain to get it to line up for the bolts.

#100 ·

absolutely solid in mine. try moving the engine and the car moves instead. gets some vibrations through the floor though.

#106 ·

got on with rear disc beam

then the weather decided to be a burk over night.

7 mile trip to pick my mate up, then off to do the beam. snow and ice are great fun in the corsa.

black hammerite and some new rear bushes

fitted to car thanks to a man with a beard and a plank of wood.

then swapped the whiteline rear arb off the other beam onto the new one.

not done handbrake cables yet. will do that another day. leaving it in gear is a good enough handbrake for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.