Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nova turbo progress

59K views 823 replies 114 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
Right here is where the nova is at.

Engine is just at the builder having the piston crowns machined for valve clearence, hopefully i will have it back tomorrow so i can build it up.

Shell is painted and requires rebuilding and panels fitting, currently the rear brakes are fitted but that is about all. Started to fit the roof lining today but it is a slag of a job.

Here are some pics of how it is at the min:

Hope to have the engine back and i place by monday or tuesday at the latest.

See less See more
#9 ·
chip said:
Wings look great, and i love where you have the oil cooler.

You still planning on using that little GT30 thing, or are you going to move up to a GT35 with us big boys? lmao
Gonna run it as it is this year and see how it goes. Want Mark to have a good mapping session on it and decide if it is worth changing anything.

#20 ·
Rs1 said:
Looking good so far Rick. You still building the engine up yourself?
Also that bonnet looks familiar,clio 16v vent yeah? Does it have a crome bit in the vent? Did you buy it off dec16vturbo?

Rob

Yup that is the one, off a old car of yours aint it?

Lost count of the cost, dont care anymore.

Wings are wider as i always had problems with the tyre catching the arch so this will stop it.

Rang the engine builder and i will have my engine back on tuesday now as he has just measured it all up for the clearences.

#24 ·
jr@corsasport said:
what type of power are you aiming for BTW, i remeber reading agaes ago 400-450bhp ??? that still on, or more
450-500 i hope i will see now. Will see what Mark thinks of it when he gets his hands on it though.

Been working on it today, handbrake cable now fits and works, rear brake lines are all fitted in the car and just need tightening up and the head lining went in today as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.