Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nova turbo progress

59K views 823 replies 114 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
Right here is where the nova is at.

Engine is just at the builder having the piston crowns machined for valve clearence, hopefully i will have it back tomorrow so i can build it up.

Shell is painted and requires rebuilding and panels fitting, currently the rear brakes are fitted but that is about all. Started to fit the roof lining today but it is a slag of a job.

Here are some pics of how it is at the min:

Hope to have the engine back and i place by monday or tuesday at the latest.

See less See more
#118 ·
coolamasta said:
Please Please Please say you are going to get rid of that spring on the cam belt tensioner :eek:
i think that adjusting the water pump is not good because. ok you can get the tension just right but only at the temperature you set it at. the tension of the belt is variable with heat, and what if it stretches? i can even see my tensioner at one position when cold and another when hot! so it must be taking up slack. i think the spring/tension is best to keep the tension you want at all variables , if the spring is questionable to breaking then i'd fit 2 springs :beer: ????

#119 ·
leesturbo said:
i think that adjusting the water pump is not good because. ok you can get the tension just right but only at the temperature you set it at. the tension of the belt is variable with heat, and what if it stretches? i can even see my tensioner at one position when cold and another when hot! so it must be taking up slack. i think the spring/tension is best to keep the tension you want at all variables , if the spring is questionable to breaking then i'd fit 2 springs :beer: ????

nope, on the early belt setup, once the belt is tensioned there is no moving parts, the spring i supposed to help the thesioning of the belt, but it dosent as it gets in the way.

#120 ·
Yeah aint it supposed to take the guess work out of tensioning? I binned mine and just used the old half a turn with ya fingers technique,worked fine.
Just looking at that spring i can well imagine it jumping ship and lodging itself somewhere its not supposed to be.

#122 ·

Aim to finish the rear brakes tomorrow and get some fluid in them. Just waiting on my front suspension bits to be coated. Shud have my downpipe in the morning as well so that will be that part finished. Think i might have to wrap the exhaust system. Been doing ****ty jobs like wax oiling the whole car and sorting out wiring for various things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.