Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nova turbo progress

59K views 823 replies 114 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
Right here is where the nova is at.

Engine is just at the builder having the piston crowns machined for valve clearence, hopefully i will have it back tomorrow so i can build it up.

Shell is painted and requires rebuilding and panels fitting, currently the rear brakes are fitted but that is about all. Started to fit the roof lining today but it is a slag of a job.

Here are some pics of how it is at the min:

Hope to have the engine back and i place by monday or tuesday at the latest.

See less See more
#54 ·
Chris S said:
when u think it'll be running again?? weekend? what fuel system are u using?
Running Siemens injectors (725cc iirc) -6 fuel lines through the whole lot, bosch 044 fuel pump.

Hopefully i shud have it in its new home tomorrow but it depends if the clutch fits this time, hopefully i have got it sorted this time but only by fitting it will i be able to tell.

#59 ·
Rick Draper said:
Might have :p :p Will get some proper ones when it is all together and outside. Got to go in the morning for my alcantara for the roof lining.
haha make sure you get them posted wanna see,
and alcantara headlining?sexyyyy

#65 ·
Chris S said:
are u running the external swirl pot or still running the internal 1 straight to high flow?
Internal swirl pot to the 044 but i will probably change it at some point, think the final spec will be a lift pump of some form to the swirl pot, then 2 044's and 2 -6 lines all the way to the fuel rail and 1 -8 return.

Car is going to be done this year for sure, i am not letting drinking get in the way of it been finished this year. Last year was a pissup most nights lmao lmao

#66 ·
ive had some issues with my normal nova tank mate, owt less than half a tank under hard conering it would like it, i'd get a swirl pot soon as

#67 ·
Chris S said:
ive had some issues with my normal nova tank mate, owt less than half a tank under hard conering it would like it, i'd get a swirl pot soon as
Thanks, i was looking into it recently but was unsure of the capacity of swirl tank i needed, dont know if anyone can advise me. It will go nicely in the boot along side my alloy water injection tank :D

#68 ·
Imho the size isn't most important. You can put some math on the setup.
Example if you would have 1000ccm injectors. Have a 4ltr swirlpot like mine it would take aprox 1minute fullthrottle [if at that point the engine requires the full 1000cc per cil.] to empty it. During that minute the liftpump will fill the swirlpot. Put a decent liftpump to it and no need to worry.
f.i. 200ltr/h liftpump meaning 3.3 ltr per minute refilling the swirlpot.
This way you could go a couple of minutes fullthrottle straight on. And with cornering you will have more than enough.

I have the same setup as your planning to go. Have a 4ltr swirlpot, also with 2bosch 044's and an other big bosch for the pick up. A smaller swirlpot would do the job as well.

#71 ·
Well bit of a **** update. Came to mount the box to the engine and the clutch does not fit so having a spacer plate machined up at the minute to move the box a little further away. Hopefully i will have it tomorrow but if worst comes to the worst the engine will not be in till late next week. Got the material for the roof lining though.

Can anyone advise me as to how i will need to wire in the 3 pumps? Also what sort of lift pump would be suitable?

#74 ·
Rick Draper said:
Can anyone advise me as to how i will need to wire in the 3 pumps? Also what sort of lift pump would be suitable?
you mean the fuellines ?
tank to the liftpump,
from the liftpump to the swirlpot
from the swirlpot to 2x 044 to the inlet, put 2 filters between it.
returnline to the swirlpot
and overflow from the swirlpot into the tank.

for the liftpump take one with a reasonable flowrate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.