Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nova turbo progress

59K views 823 replies 114 participants last post by  bigtoddy 
#1 ·
Right here is where the nova is at.

Engine is just at the builder having the piston crowns machined for valve clearence, hopefully i will have it back tomorrow so i can build it up.

Shell is painted and requires rebuilding and panels fitting, currently the rear brakes are fitted but that is about all. Started to fit the roof lining today but it is a slag of a job.

Here are some pics of how it is at the min:

Hope to have the engine back and i place by monday or tuesday at the latest.

See less See more
#28 ·
jr@corsasport said:
should be very very intresting to see this run :D i take it 1/4 runs are planned when its all sorted, and if so, what are you planning on do traction wise, other than the obvious boost controller etc etc
Fitted a Quaife in the F28 and hopefully mark will be able to sort out the autronic launch and traction control when he maps it.

#31 ·
Rick Draper said:
Fitted a Quaife in the F28 and hopefully mark will be able to sort out the autronic launch and traction control when he maps it.
have you got your wheel sensors etc ?
i got some "hall sensors" from rs components £38 for 2 that pick up the original abs rings leaving the std abs sensors alone,
you only need 1 for launch but 2 for traction control, thats what dta use anyway :beer:

#35 ·
Woohoo yeah thats my old bonnet,its about time it was fitted to something decent,lol.
Are you planning on painting the car that blue or sticking with red? Maybe something totally different?
When refitting that chrome bit stick some double sided underneath it as it sqeeks like **** when on idle,lol. :D

Scratch that,thats an old pic is obviously been done in red. lmao

#39 ·
Rs1 said:
Woohoo yeah thats my old bonnet,its about time it was fitted to something decent,lol.
Are you planning on painting the car that blue or sticking with red? Maybe something totally different?
When refitting that chrome bit stick some double sided underneath it as it sqeeks like **** when on idle,lol. :D

Scratch that,thats an old pic is obviously been done in red. lmao
Was it your car when it was mag featured? Was one of my favorite novas. I still have the issue when it was in Revs. Aimed to have a nova just like it one day :cool:

I have the other half of it in my shed, front and rear bumpers and the boot. Dont think they will ever see a car again though.

Will get some more progress pics up on monday as in work now till then. Aim to get a load more done on it on monday, just with i had the engine so i could get that in before new year :rolleyes:

#40 ·
It belonged to m8 when it was featured,changed a wee bit since the feature though,mainly the full engine build i done,connoly leather and a few other bits. I'm surprised youve held onto the front bumper,i lost count how many times i had to repair it through it being far to low. Was a real good car but my next will be bigger and better or should i say lighter and faster,lol.

Rob

#48 ·
Excellent stuff mate, cant wait to see this baby go :D

Im kind of wishing i had gone for a little turbo like yours for mine now, as im sure im not going to be able to make good use of mine!

#49 ·
oops, that sounds really patronising, which is wasnt meant to, calling it "little", didnt mean it like that.

Correct sized rather than too big, would have been a better way to put it, LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.