Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Vectra 3ltr V6 Please please help

621 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul Baldwin 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound desperate but it's because I am, a lot:(

The engine in my Veccie is 3ltr bottom end, 2.6 gas flowed heads, kent 270 cams, 4bar fuel regulator, omega plenium setup, Magnecor leads, induction kit, back box, l\flywheel.

I've just had the car on the rollers and I'm only getting 210bhp @ 6200rpm and 196 @ 3200rpm.

The fuelling is 7% then 12% full throttle.

I'm gutted as I have had a problem with both 02 sensors for about 9 months and I cannot fix it. I replaced them the other day and I still get the codes. I thought it maybe to do with the ecu so I replaced my superchipped one with a police spec 2.5 ecu which has a 3ltr map in (the police are a bit cheeky) and I still get the codes.

One of the faults when the ems light comes on is the temp gauge goes right up, then drops and light comes on:confused: Wtf!! Because of the hot weather I have even taken out the thermostat. This happens everyday!

Is there anything I have overlooked? I know of similiar spec'd cars running at 260-270bhp there must be something.

If anyone can offer advice as in what to check I would really appreciate it, am totally lost and feeling a bit pi&^*&^ at the whole thing.

Thanks, Russ

Forgot to say I have taken the cat off as well, cheers...

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought it wsa running hot because it may have been running lean but the fuellin is ok.

I reckon it has something to do with the running of the car so it's getting hot.

Honestly these 02 sensor errors have taken up the last 9 months of my life:mad:

Thanks Si, any one else...:beer:

#6 ·
Hi,
got similiar thing happening with the engine in the Astra. Only got one fault code though and no real symptoms, just occasional stalling. Funny thing is that the ECU we got for it is also supposed to be Police issue. Engine is standard 2.5 Vectra V6.
Weve bought an AFR meter from Observer for £21 to check on the outputs of the lambdas, its wired right to the ecu so itll be obvious there are no breaks in the cables in between ecu and sensors. There is also a swich in circuit to allow us to easily check between both banks.
Maybe u could use a similiar setup to help diagnose your problem in real time? The cost of the AFR meter is cheaper than a session at vauxhall and u get to keep it!
Will be testing things out over the weekend so will see how we get on.

Paul.

#8 ·
Paul let me know how you get on as These codes are so weird:confused:

When I went to pick the car up the guy then told me the power was at the wheels so I'm not sure if the figures are good or not, not sure on how much to allow for transmission loss. Anyone??

The ecu is a standard 2.5 but it has got a 3ltr program in it as used by the police, found out because on Tech2 it nows see the engine as a 3ltr not a 2.5ltr.

The guy at the rolling road reckoned I should retard my cams on one bank and advance a little on the other as to much air is going in. I'm going to talk to someone later today about it, but I'll let you know.

Cheers,

#9 · (Edited)
Who replaced the cam-belt when u replaced the heads, apparently if its not done right u can lose a lot of power. The cambelt can be fitted and the engine will run but may not be that close to its optimum settings. Read this somewhere on vectra-sport and it makes sense with the self-tensioner setup on these engines. Saying that we didnt use the special equipment when belt and rollers were changed and it seems to go quite well.
We are getting code 0150 which ones are u getting?
If its setup alright then fuelling could well be causing u problems, is the fuel pressure definately at 4 bar, if its higher it could be causing problems.
Simons idea has got to be worth trying. The engine temperature sensors the ecu relies on are meant to cause all sorts of problems and are prone to playing up.

Paul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.